House disputes...

wannars125

Was wondering if anyone might be able to offer advice if they've been in a similar situation?

My neighbour claims to have had flooding damage caused to her property from my garden during a recent heavy spell of rain however no changes have been made to the garden since we moved in. She is claiming that I am liable but her insurance company have rejected her claim (she has sent a letter that confirms this) so preventative work recommended by a surveyor sent out by her insurer can't be claimed against my insurer. I'm happy for preventative work to take place but she wants me to pay. Am I obliged to pay or does she need to pay for this work?

I've sent her a letter confirming the above that I'm happy for work to take place but at her expense. Unfortunately we don't get on and due to previous abusive phone calls have requested that any communication is made formally only.

If her ins company have thrown it out then i would say thats the end of the matter. Unless you have a hosepipe running pouring water into her garden then you cant be blamed for mother nature and its up to her to safeguard her property

its an act of god tell her to do one!

she is just looking for someone to foot the bill for her new garden! tell her to do one again

tell her to sue whoever built the house tell her to do one again :lol:

she is just looking for someone to foot the bill for her new garden! tell her to do one again

So let me get this right, you think I should tell her to do one??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So let me get this right, you think I should tell her to do one??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

or two lol

Try and sort it out amicably if you own your property. Disputes with neighbours often need to be declared if you decide to sell.

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/what ... lling.html

its not a dispute if you ignore her it t akes two or more parties to create/continue a dispute

Try and sort it out amicably if you own your property. Disputes with neighbours often need to be declared if you decide to sell.

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/what ... lling.html

its not a dispute if you ignore her it t akes two or more parties to create/continue a dispute

He has already corresponded with his neighbour - it's a dispute.

I've sent her a letter confirming the above that I'm happy for work to take place but at her expense. Unfortunately we don't get on and due to previous abusive phone calls have requested that any communication is made formally only.

When ever you have to go into your garden put a pair of Budgie Smugglers on and a pair of armbands and get your Mrs to sit on a step ladder with a life gaurd t shirt on .

Thanks for the imaginative responses!

I think I'll stick away from the budgie smugglers idea though. Prior to this she's been happy to talk to me but completely ignored the missus. Reckon there might be a bit of jealousy from her side lol

I wouldn't say dispute as much as coming to a solution to help her with her problem that benefits both parties...

I wouldn't say dispute as much as coming to a solution to help her with her problem that benefits both parties...

She could give you her garden, problem solved for her and you get more space. Win-win situation!

If the preventative work is designed to assist drainage rather than block it from coming in then there shouldn't be any issues!

If the insurance has said the op isn't liable, then he's not. They would love to claim it off someone else as it's business for them, so I think it must really be clear cut.