Riding Trainers?

The gimmick is that they don't 'look' like motorcycle boots... thats hardly important though. what IS important is the CE certification which is on a par with a lot of short boots that look more like motorcycle boots as we commonly understand them.

Alpinstars are a reputable company.. and bike boots that don't look like bike boots aren't exactly a new thing for them.. e.g. these:

http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/productimages/300/2016-alpinestars-stadium-riding-shoes-mcss.jpg

boots with 'style' are exactly what you would expect from an Italian company.

yeah i remember seeing similar ones. i think as long as they go over the ankle theyre not too bad. they'll help stop most of the damage, just think they wont prevent as much "roll" as a full length boot might.

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/i/sidstreetburner.jpg

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/300x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/m/smx_2.jpg

Theres a good reason why biking boots have reinforced shins. These trainer/boot things seem a bit pointless to me.

this is a very good point

see the two bollards laid on the deck? circled red

I took these out with my legs!

shin protectors worked :mrgreen:

bollards.jpg

Theres a good reason why biking boots have reinforced shins. These trainer/boot things seem a bit pointless to me.

this is a very good point

see the two bollards laid on the deck? circled red

I took these out with my legs!

shin protectors worked :mrgreen:

Holy sh*t, when did this happen?!!?! Hope you're alright - I haven't been on the forum in a while...you'll probably tell me it was 5+ years ago or something though!

The trainers do look cool, but it's winter anyway, could do with a bit more protection surely? :mrgreen:

Welcome back moo!!

Where you been hiding?? Did you get trapped in your cage??

;)

Pretty much!!!

I can't even explain to you how much I love Berty!!! (Don't worry, I don't normally address my car by its name!). It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see it...I can't wait to get the Christmas decos in there in December!! Gutted I have to dye my hair a different colour to the blue as I have job interviews next week - tho tbf I always dye my hair red for Christmas :lol: ! He got a clean bill of health on the first MOT today *yay*!

I pretty much just rode to a doctor's appointment since I passed my test because there's no parking :shock: :lol: - bike still runs fine, I still had fun, cut out on the way there cos I didn't have much petrol - probably mostly evaporated haha! Fozzles is gonna hopefully sort my engine/clutch issues out over the winter in our new garage *with power* (aka his new little piece of heaven!) so I can ride Ermintrude again next year when the weather brightens and warms up. But tbh....I just really want a bigger bike. We moove next week too...I'll have all the fun roads to enjoy a bigger bikey on. Will defo do mod 1 and 2 next year no matter what...and see how it goes on buying a bigger bike as lots of expensive stuff happening next year - but can always borrow Fozzie's :thumb: ! And looking possible I could get a job with better pay, which would be awesome and defo help with saving!

Not really been on the forum much cos I haven't been on the bike in ages, don't feel like I have much to contribute! :crybaby: :mrgreen: - missed you guys though!

Hahaha, nah, still totally in love with bikes and biking too - like most I've packed it in possibly for the winter for now cos of the weather getting all miserable, and also cos I'm not fond of her rattling getting worse. May pop out for a ride with or on the back of the Fozzle Fazer on a nice day to see more of the area we're mooving to! Will pick it up again and get my full license sorted next year :thumb: . Still thrilled every time we get a bike/scooter riding patient or find out it's a common interest with a stranger (when in the Smart dealership yesterday I chatted to a guy about our cars then bikes for about half an hour :) ). Still love em, still turn my head every time I hear one approaching, guessing what it might be before I see it (Fozzles is the amazing at this!).

Ermintrude is currently tucked away safely between some bigger buddies in Fozzie's dad's garage til we moove to our new home...she looks happy here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...

12179450_1628465890754931_397464788_n.jpg.afbe6445f9a089943d9c47d5b6487997.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have two pairs of bike trainers, Dianese and TCX both very comfortable and wear them at work and had the girls commenting on where I got them from and were shocked when I said they were motorcycle shoes :)

They are great for going to work in and when doing a lot of walking days when sight seeing on the bike but when going out for a proper blast I never wear them as no protection above the ankle :)

• 3 weeks later...