Happy Birthday!

Stu

Happy Birthday :cheers:

thanks to everyone on here for contributing and making this a great place to be, especially the mods who are evil twisted sadistic chinese bike riding scum fair and don't play the power game like what happens other places.

Hope this place continues for another 9 years and more :D

...thanks to everyone on here for contributing and making this a great place to be, especially the mods who are fair and don't play the power game like what happens other places.

Well said. I've been an active member on various forums over the years, and this is by far the best - so much so that it is now the only one I participate in.

It's easy to take for granted, but the modding on here is superb in my opinion. I walked away from a musicians forum last year where one mod had a tendency to throw his weight around and then selectively delete posts to create his own version of reality, and where another would heroically grasp the wrong end of the stick whenever he was asked to intervene by other members. It also has to be said that a good many of those members were obnoxiously elitist - the sort who'll gleefully blowtorch some poor sods fledgling attempts at a bass solo on the basis that his tone isn't as good as Jaco Pastorius, or his Fender Jazz has the wrong sort of scratchplate. Tossers.

Scuba forums are also pretty bad in my experience - amply populated by zero-to-hero types with more posts to their name than dives, all full of bravado and derring do at their underwater heroics. Not for me, I'm afraid.

But this place I really like! :cheers:

I've got to say that this place pretty much moderates itself......which is a good thing......We just have to weed out the occasional nob, or fire the odd warning shot......but, on the whole it ticks along quite nicely...... 8-) We also have to stop the spam getting through and cluttering the place up, which unfortunately sometimes means a bit of a delay in authorising some people's first posts as we've all got full time jobs ......but hopefully any Newbies appreciate that and it's not too much of an inconvenience to them...... :)

Anyway......carry on, troops...... :salute:

I've got to say that this place pretty much moderates itself......which is a good thing......We just have to weed out the occasional nob, or fire the odd warning shot......but, on the whole it ticks along quite nicely...... 8-) We also have to stop the spam getting through and cluttering the place up, which unfortunately sometimes means a bit of a delay in authorising some people's first posts as we've all got full time jobs ......but hopefully any Newbies appreciate that and it's not too much of an inconvenience to them...... :)

Anyway......carry on, troops...... :salute:

damn you mean you are not hanging around all day long just to listen to our rantings and ravings :cheers:

As a person who doesn't do social media or has ever been an active member of a forum before.

I've found this place to be a wonderful experience.

The wealth of knowledge and for that matter friendlyness is at times astounding.

Due to family commitments it's very hard for me to do the meet ups but on the one occasion I have met other members from here (although under extremely sad conditions) everyone seems genuine and welcoming.

Anyway enough babble.

Happy birthday and cheers.