Penalty points

Yes. You don't have separate licenses, you have the entitlements to ride a bike or other vehicle on the same license so it makes no difference what you get the points on whether its a car, bike or tractor :thumb:

Ok so just to clarify as new biker recently passed. If i get another 3 points i loose my bike licence but can still drive my car as will still have 6 credits left. Is that how it works?

that depends how long you have had your licence!

that rule only applies to new licence holders so if you passed your car test a while ago you are unaffected

Oh so your licence shares points but not NCB's :(

DVLA and insurance are different firms, both are there to take your money and penalise you if you step out of line. :roll:

No claim bonus you get one for every year you don't claim. But as soon as you do it resets to zero unless you have ncb protection. But any you get on your car insurance cant be transfered over to your bike insurance

No claim bonus you get one for every year you don't claim. But as soon as you do it resets to zero unless you have ncb protection. But any you get on your car insurance cant be transfered over to your bike insurance

You don't always loose all your no claims, most insurers take you bake 2 years if you make a claim.

So if you have 1 or 2 years no claims you loose all.

3 years back to 1 year etc.

Does vary between insurance companies though.

Also sometimes you can protect your no-claims, but may mean your tied in to same ins co at renewal.

• 2 weeks later...

They're buggers, really. Make a claim on the bike and it's goes down as a claim when renewing the car and vice versa. Proudly declare your bike "No Claims" for the car and they gently tell you to do one.

• 2 months later...