Mid-life whinge

MarkW

Try it from my end of the scale...

Getting old is not good - but a lot, lot better than the alternative.

I might be an old has been - but I ain't half "has been".

Try it from my end of the scale...

Getting old is not good - but a lot, lot better than the alternative.

I might be an old has been - but I ain't half "has been".

On the money Clive! I found that around 45 is when the deterioration started......and from then on it was downhill all the way.

What the hell are you lot on about.....I'm 62 in 4 weeks time!

I'd like to go back to 1975.....

http://www.motorcyclesport.net/pics/k5002.jpg

.......mainly to make sure I didn't marry the bitch of a first wife that I had! Though I wouldn't say no to that hair colour now!

The way I look at it is getting old is shit......but it's still better than the alternative.

And anyway, I've never stopped behaving in the anti-social manner of a 70's Greaser just because I got old!

http://www.motorcyclesport.net/pics/12815.jpg

Well except that I don't screw slags in a wheelbarrow in my mate's garage any more. But you never know.....I may get lucky! :D

Only one way back....

image.jpeg.753ee69432d85ba24f6e33dfc231e214.jpeg

Bah youngsters! I am 60 and still act like a teenager, well when bits don't ache.:

:stupid:

Yep I still feel like an eigteen year old. trouble is I can't find one

:seeya:

When I was at school I saw a chart that predicted your life expectancy based on the year you were born, and on that basis I have always planned to be completely spent up - and hopefully in millions of pounds of debt - by the time I'm due to shuffle off at 73. If I make it into my 80's things could get tricky...

I'm 42 and kids are more or less grown up as the youngest is about to turn 16 and quite frankly life is just starting. Glad I had kids early now ;)

Hmm. Mine will be 8 and 5 in a few weeks. I wonder - how young is too young for my wife and I to strap them on the back and head off across the globe?

I'm 42 and kids are more or less grown up as the youngest is about to turn 16 and quite frankly life is just starting. Glad I had kids early now ;)

Hmm. Mine will be 8 and 5 in a few weeks. I wonder - how young is too young for my wife and I to strap them on the back and head off across the globe?

Like a really early gap-year for them :cheers:

Funny that I should see this thread at 3:30am as it's half term and I've got no college tomorrow, just had to leave a comment... :lol:

Sorry to say this, guys.......but that train just gets faster and faster as the years mount up..... :shock:

That's actually quite scary seen as I'm already starting to notice birthdays coming round quicker and quicker... :|

Bit of a different view from my end.

I'll be 26 this year but I feel very young still... Like I'm still waiting for this age thing people go on about. It's like 2010 came and then time stopped.

The time between now and when I was 18 feels like an absolute *age*. I always get the feeling like I feel I should be older than I am. The quickest part of my life was my teen years, they seemed to fly until I hit 17 but all I did all day was play video games.

I think it's just because of the variety of things I get up to. As when me and Moo had been together a year we both had the reaction "It feels like it has been 3... But in a good way as it feels we've done a lot".

Life is not about counting the years, but making the years count :thumb:

Was 30 last year. It's depressing to know my body and all its organs have long since peaked and are now in the (hopefully) slow decline to death.

Also it's extremely depressing to realise you're closer to 40 then 20.

Mooooo.

Was 30 last year. It's depressing to know my body and all its organs have long since peaked and are now in the (hopefully) slow decline to death.

Also it's extremely depressing to realise you're closer to 40 then 20.

Mooooo.

How do you think I feel? I'm close to 70 than 50!

Scary to think that potentially, at this moment in time, my bike could outlast me! :(

Scary to think that potentially, at this moment in time, my bike could outlast me! :(

Get a Chinese bike, you'll definitely outlast that :lol:

:P

My on-line 'date of death' calculation came out as being 102!!!! :shock:

Must be the longevity output from the Rocket.

:cheers:

I'm 42 but before Stu comments I may look a little older 8-)

I think I feel old at times due to society changing so much within my lifetime.

We were the generation of very limited tech to all out geeky stuff.

The respect for elders has definitely changed. I was a complete twat at times when younger but was still worried about authority.

It can also depend on your job etc. At 02:00hrs this coming morning I will feel 60....

But as has been said get on the bike at 06:00hrs to come home I'm 25 again :thumb:

Coast in the morning Stu.

R lass n kids gone over today. Couple hours kip after nights then go across. Can feel a seaways bacon butty being on the agenda :thumb:

A POS like that would put me in an early grave more like!