water proofing??

I've used Nikwax spray in the past and it was okay. Best thing I've used is Fabsil brush on stuff - takes a while to do all the prep and get a couple of coats on but it's worth it. I only use it on the wife's soft top these days which is outside year round and hasn't failed.

Sorry Six my darling. Didn't read your post.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeh nick wax, I used the stuff you put in the washing machine , well the Mrs did, I don't even know where the washing machine is .

Is the washing machine waterproof now too? :D

Woukd it work with socks??

Condoms getting expensive Joe? [emoji38]

Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Thats ok .. Not many people do :D

It would be great if products like Nikwax were really water "proofers".. would save those of us who put a lot of importance on staying dry.. would save us a lot of money and make stuff like Goretex obsolete.

It would be great if products like Nikwax were really water "proofers".. would save those of us who put a lot of importance on staying dry.. would save us a lot of money and make stuff like Goretex obsolete.

If Goretex stuff didn't cost an arm and a leg to buy nikwax would be obsolete.

Im not sure that it does. but it depends where your priorities lie. do you mind getting wet or not.

That'll be nikwax then :roll: :D

Thats ok .. Not many people do :D

I do mate! [emoji38]

Just got back from an hour on the motorway in heavy rain. Jacket was fine, trousers leaked worse than ever!

Anyone lend me some money for gortex stuff?

Just got back from an hour on the motorway in heavy rain. Jacket was fine, trousers leaked worse than ever!

ex army gortex over trousers from eBay! I got a pair for about 15 quid and they work a treat. Yes I look a bit silly in my camouflage trousers but I'm dry so don't care!!

ex army gortex over trousers from eBay! I got a pair for about 15 quid and they work a treat. Yes I look a bit silly in my camouflage trousers but I'm dry so don't care!!

Worth a punt!

Seriously they're the best thing I've ever bought :lol: got about 8 months wear from them so far and they've held up against some pretty heavy rain. My das instructor recommended it to me :D

Look for the Ex-Police ones, they are black gortex instead of Camo :cheers:

Im not sure that it does. but it depends where your priorities lie. do you mind getting wet or not.

Not , that's why I use nikwax .

Not , that's why I use nikwax .

Excellent.

Look for the Ex-Police ones, they are black gortex instead of Camo :cheers:

Or RAF ones are navy blue (yes, yes I know :D)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk