Anyone tried hypnosis?

Mr Fro

My girlie has a massive needle phobia and she needs to get rid of it. A few people have mentioned hypnotherapy as a possible solution but I don't know anyone who has had it done.

Have you had it, how long did it take and did it work?

Cheers,

Fro

I've had it, don't remember an hour, got rather annoyed i couldn't remember it. Worst experience ever!

It also didn't work for me.

Wouldn't recommend it but won't deny othets trying it, apparently works differently for everyone

I am sure you/she has tried many things, but this is what happened to me, in case it helps.

I used to be terrified of needles, especially at the dentist. When it turned out that they were going to have to removed the rest of my milk teeth (I was 11) because they were causing me pain, an orthodontist spent some time with me showing me exactly what a needle was. He let me use it on a practise teddy bear, he showed me the stuff that was inside it, then told me to put a bit on my finger then rub my tongue with it. I then struggled to talk for an hour! All in I think I spent about 90min with him and it worked! In the end I needed 13 teeth taken out so they decided to knock me out completely rather than inject the gums to numb them. But since then I've had no major trouble getting blood samples taken, or any of the normal injections you get at school.

I tend to sing a stupid song in my head and look away while they are doing it. But occasionally it actually helps me to watch what they are doing.

I've never had hypnotherapy, but I have "lost" time in my live due to fainting (and once to being very drunk...) and absolutely hate the feeling of not knowing what happened during those hours. Because of that, I don't think I'd try hypnotherapy, but it may work for some.

You can use numbing cream so she won't feel a thing. I use it when getting tattoos

Not allowed at my tattooist....lol

Why on earth not!? I've been to 3 places so far and all were happy for me to have it. It meant I could get tattoo's for longer earning them more money. Otherwise I can't last anymore than 1.5hrs my skin is so sensitive.

Hasn't effects the vivd colour of my tattoos at all

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/62c32348c88e638c8f901b8f1a37de92.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/6a8d55011b74ff191b131b0fe840dfd3.jpg

FYI.. Even with numbing cream, having the crease of your elbow tattoos still f**king nacks!

I fell asleep while getting my tattoo. Only woke up when he got to tattooing just above my kidneys and I kept twitching uncontrollably! (I've got a snake down my spine)

:laugh: @ Neil

Yeah after a few minutes the adrenaline kicks in and naturally numbs it anyway! mine are all quite small though - but the one on the inside of my wrist was quite sharp when it got right above the veins near the base of my hand. I may have made a small squeaking noise :lol:

Liam, personally not a huge fan of coloured tats but they are beautifully done.

:laugh: @ Neil

Liam, personally not a huge fan of coloured tats but they are beautifully done.

Thanks, it's all a tribute to my Nan who I lost last year, hence the colour and bright/happiness, she was awesome.

Anyway back on topic, I serious suggest you try the cream for the needles. A tube only costs £1.50 from the chemists and I swear she won't feel a thing.

Didn't work for me , still smoking , still nicking parcels from doorsteps and electric cupboards , still eating cakes and that and still dont like daylight .

Which one rennie?

I'm putting bets on mojo..

I've heard mixed things, to be honest it's mainly about finding the right person to do it.

Plenty of people out there setting up a practice for it, but not able to do owt.

If you're going down that route, I'd actually recommending finding a decent psychiatrist and asking them to refer you to someone they know and trust..