New Helmet

Hi guys, I am after a new helmet mine is annoying I currently have a Leopard LEO-839 its really noisy when going above 30 and I would like to be able to remove the visor so I can clean it and put wax etc...

I am on a tight budget because I have a 9 month old girl and another baby due in 3 weeks :crybaby: !! Anyone know of anything good I could buy?

Thanks

Ads

Hi guys, I am after a new helmet mine is annoying I currently have a Leopard LEO-839 its really noisy when going above 30 and I would like to be able to remove the visor so I can clean it and put wax etc...

I am on a tight budget because I have a 9 month old girl and another baby due in 3 weeks :crybaby: !! Anyone know of anything good I could buy?

Thanks

Ads

So the helmet is to wear in the house to get some peace and quiet??

Have you tried visiting your local J&S? I went to the superstore in Northwich (A little far for you!) when I needed a new helmet, I told them my budget and what I needed. They would be able to recommend you something that suits your needs and try be within your budget.

I used to wear shoei, but my current lid is an HJC.

Same here! I wore Shoei's for years!

But earlier this year I felt that other brands had advanced so much that the disparity between a €400 Shoei and a HJC a third of the price didn't justify that much extra.

Of course the Shoei is better......but it's certainly not three times better.

I used to wear shoei, but my current lid is an HJC.

Same here! I wore Shoei's for years!

But earlier this year I felt that other brands had advanced so much that the disparity between a €400 Shoei and a HJC a third of the price didn't justify that much extra.

Of course the Shoei is better......but it's certainly not three times better.

it was the internal visor that swung it for me. I had a Shoei XR-1000 at the time and liked the idea of the internal visor on the Shoei "GT-Air" - the only Shoei lid with an internal visor at the time (possibly still?). I happened to pop into a shop to browse and saw the HJC and ended up buying one along with some boots. Total impulse but seems to have paid off as the HJC is very good helmet.

heres the original thread:

http://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=52867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited by Joeman