Sales.

Just ordered a new Bell M5x carbon lid from J&S......was half price at £249.....got another 20% off in their sale....now £199.....result!.... 8-)

Is that a sports-focussed lid Tango? How do you find it on the Triple?

Just ordered a new Bell M5x carbon lid from J&S......was half price at £249.....got another 20% off in their sale....now £199.....result!.... 8-)

Is that a sports-focussed lid Tango? How do you find it on the Triple?

My current M5x is now coming up for 6 years old and still fits perfectly. I wouldn't say that it's sports focused, but it is ACU gold approved. It's also Sharp 5* rated.....I know that there's various schools of thought about the Sharp testing, but I'd rather have something that's been tested rather than not..... :wink:

It's not particularly quiet, but it's not too bad.....I find the ventilation is good and the thick visor doesn't steam up as much as other lids I've had. It's not pinlock ready, but I've never found that to be a problem.

I tried the new Bell lids on at the bike show, but they don't fit me as well as the M5x does......so I'm sticking with that model...... 8-)

Great lid and great price, fit you well as well :thumb:

I have Shoei.. It's a small size but it looks like I am wearing a Moon! :| I have made many mistakes when choosing gear but this must be the biggest one... :D

I have Shoei.. It's a small size but it looks like I am wearing a Moon! :| I have made many mistakes when choosing gear but this must be the biggest one... :D

It's a bit snug at the moment, but it'll ease a bit after a few outings....... 8-)

Buying bike gear can be a real ordeal at times. Dunno about Shoei, but a lot of lid manufacturers use only a couple of different shell sizes and different thickness pads to make the different lid sizes.....so your lid may have a "medium" shell with thicker pads to make it a small..... :?

It's a bit snug at the moment, but it'll ease a bit after a few outings....... 8-)

Buying bike gear can be a real ordeal at times. Dunno about Shoei, but a lot of lid manufacturers use only a couple of different shell sizes and different thickness pads to make the different lid sizes.....so your lid may have a "medium" she'll with thicker pads to make it a small..... :?

:shock: Now I am upset. I bet this is what I got :cry: :evil:

I have been with my ugly lid for almost 4 years and nothing has loosen up. Did I mention that is also ugly as f**k ? I only bought it because it was matching to the rest of my mistakes I bought it that week :|

:stupid: pretty sure shoei do this as the replacement cheek pad sizes are in depth size only. and are bloody expensive for the gt air :crybaby:

Any particular one ?

particular what? shoei? yeah the GT Air... :scratch:

Thought you had in mind a special edition or something to class as "bloody expensive". Because £380 [the dearest one I have found in google search] seems a reasonable price for what it is.

Thought you had in mind a special edition or something to class as "bloody expensive". Because £380 [the dearest one I have found in google search] seems a reasonable price for what it is.

Oh I meant the replacement cheek pads are expensive (around 50 quid) :lol:

Oh I meant the replacement cheek pads are expensive (around 50 quid) :lol:

:D

p.s

Do not replace, eat more cakes is my advice :thumb:

Hoggs's is referring to the cost for replacement interior cheek pieces. :wink: