Lock up the farm animals Goat is on a trip. Plus commentary

@goat great pic, I’m jealous as I’ve always wanted to see the northern lights!

Toastie sounds a disgusting and the doughnut burger is starting to sound appealing!

What’s the first dish you’ll be eating when you get home?!

We were lucky with the aurora, like i say raining most days but Saturday night cleared up a treat despite forecast saying otherwise.

First food- Cheese! Cheese here is terrible, and good imported cheese is expensive, then sausages, Oh and a pot of Yorkshire loose leaf tea. Then I'll Probo cook a nice piece of roast beef, plus I've got a hankering for a nice fresh Thai salad.

@goat great pic, I’m jealous as I’ve always wanted to see the northern lights!

Toastie sounds a disgusting and the doughnut burger is starting to sound appealing!

What’s the first dish you’ll be eating when you get home?!

We were lucky with the aurora, like i say raining most days but Saturday night cleared up a treat despite forecast saying otherwise.

First food- Cheese! Cheese here is terrible, and good imported cheese is expensive, then sausages, Oh and a pot of Yorkshire loose leaf tea. Then I'll Probo cook a nice piece of roast beef, plus I've got a hankering for a nice fresh Thai salad.

Now I’m hungry!

$6.50 for nuclear cheese toastie :cry: The good thing about bad American food is that it's cheap... when it loses that benefit, there's nothing much left to like.

The Northern Lights pic is amazing.

Still ere.

Went out wildlife watching last night, saw beaver, moose and a black bear (no bear pic) Getting dark so pics a little ropey

IMG_3058.thumb.JPG.99a20ef7b6c2de9f58b38de591131f2f.JPG

IMG_3057.thumb.JPG.2861465a94205658e4cf854a657b1062.JPG

IMG_3054.thumb.JPG.e8e8c3e53092c0c89ec30bf6185662c6.JPG

Did a bit of gold panning

IMG_3052.thumb.JPG.aaa3efacc7725007ada536cf2bbb9437.JPG

Weather even cleared enough for us to see some snow capped mountains

IMG_3062.thumb.JPG.5b961e1333689ccbe1b93c82f5347aa5.JPG

And saw some of the Alaska oil pipeline

IMG_3061.thumb.JPG.6b9f4cbd14b4847c1eff8d912c9ee6fa.JPG

Generally cold and wet, one lady told us that summer was unusually short this year and amounted to about a week, and that winter was coming early. Should be a lot warmer than it is apparently. Driving to Anchorage tomorrow for a few days, hopefully go see glaciers and maybe some whales.

Great pics

Gold panning, are you now a multi millionaire? Is it too late for the Crater of diamonds park?

https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/crater-diamonds-state-park

Look forward to seeing some whale pics

[mention]Six30[/mention] Where are you? He said he’d seen Beavers?!?!

Great pics

Gold panning, are you now a multi millionaire? Is it too late for the Crater of diamonds park?

@Six30 Where are you? He said he’d seen Beavers?!?!

I see lots of Beavers I’m an active member in my local stream and river widening club .

Great pics

@Six30 Where are you? He said he’d seen Beavers?!?!

I see lots of Beavers I’m an active member in my local stream and river widening club .

Is this a euphemism I don’t understand :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

It's hard to tell with Six. I wouldn't be surprised if he actuslly was part of a river widening club though

He is but I doubt you would want him paddling up your stream.

:shock:

So you’ve been back a minute or two now, how’s the hindsight looking? Post trip commentary available yet?

Well, mainly just itching to head off on the bike again but will have to wait til I have some money, which will be a while.

Got a list of things I would like to improve kit wise - we used everything we took which is good, few refinements to make, might do some kit reviews when I get a mo.

Also got a list of improvements riding skill wise, including continuing to work on my fear of heights, build my confidence on the bike on road, off road etc. In line with my year of positivity on the bright side I think I did quite well though, over 7500 miles, 2-up fully loaded after a year and a bits riding experience without incident in all weathers.

Work was doing my head in before I went away and that's not changed surprisingly. Struggling more than usual to focus maybe, but largely the job is remedial and I have a short attention span, devil makes work.

Bike should be back next week, will give it a wee service and take it for a much needed ride then look at selling her.

There were moments when I wondered what the bloody hell we were doing but if I could head off tomorrow and do it all again I would in a heartbeat. keeping sitting and staring at photos of the trip, probably a bit rose tinted. Really it's a ridiculous way to travel but something I've wanted to do since I was young and I would recommend it to anybody. Next trip will likely be Australia as we've not been over there to see the sister in law yet so good excuse.

Look forward to hearing about the kit improvements n reviews :thumb:

A job that doesn't engage or reward is just a drain on the soul but it does leave the mind free to wander onto other things, some of my best plans have been hatched whilst bored out of my skull by mundane tasks.

7500miles 2 up fully loaded after 1 years riding is impressive but having the gumption to make it happen impresses me most.

We use a made up word at home that needs a synonym-

When you meet someone who's always talking about what they're going to do (often in a bragging fashion) but nothing ever seems to happen then they're known as a wozza- "I was gonna do that, I was gonna do this" the only thing that ever seems to occur is excuses. Your the opposite of a wozza, a 'didityeha' ?! A 'gumptiona' ?!

Anyway hat off, I look forward to hearing the planning of the Australia trip!

Thanks for the write up.