The long and whingeing road

Out of curiosity how do you feel when doing the CBT? I know its not a test as such but it is a similar environment. Having to redo and payout +£80 every 2 years would be motivation to pass my test :lol:

Do what works for you though. It's all that matters in the end :cheers:

I think a lot depends on the kind of instruction you get. And the big difference is that you get as many goes as you need to do the exercises on your CBT. Ten tries to master the U turn? Six? Two? No matter. Hit a cone in the slalom? Not to worry. Have another go. But in the test you get only one attempt, and that's where the pressure comes from..Even if you know you will never do it like that in real life. Even if common sense would tell you to put a foot down, or even get off and push.

I do know there are people who choose to repeatedly do CBT rather than take a test. My husband stopped a few months back to help a couple of riders on Ls who were having some problem and in conversation it came out that as they were perfectly happy on 125s they didn't see the point of doing tests. They ride all over the country. And most places charge more than £80. My brother in law, who's a traffic warden, got talking to a lady who told him the same thing. She just repeats her CBT every two years

As the only differences between passing and not passing on a 125 are that you can use motorways and take a passenger (without a single minute's training, btw) I suppose that if you intend never to do either of those things, there is no need to do your test. But personally I wanted rid of the L plates, whether I moved up or not. And I succeeded eventually because I could practice on my own bike for no more than the cost of the petrol.

If you're happy on a 125 stay with it, only been back at it myself just over a month, love my 125, i can't see myself getting anything bigger, so when the time feels right i will just do my A1 on my own bike, and if i don't pass, so what, i'll just keep on the CBT, i'm not gonna throw money at it, just to get a pass :thumb:

I can understand being nervous doing a test , but surely if your riding a 125 on the road you have the confidence and experiance of riding . By not doing your test and getting a bigger bike I think your missing out on a lot more biking pleasures .

I can understand being nervous doing a test , but surely if your riding a 125 on the road you have the confidence and experiance of riding . By not doing your test and getting a bigger bike I think your missing out on a lot more biking pleasures .

It's all right you thinking that, your not in the mindset of someone who hates the pressure or struggles to deal with rhe whole test scenario.

It's all right you thinking that, your not in the mindset of someone who hates the pressure or struggles to deal with rhe whole test scenario.

yeh so :popcorn:

:booty:

yeh so :popcorn:

:booty:

• 3 weeks later...

Why? My bike takes me up to legal limits and keeps up with my husband's 650. It's heavier to push round than the CG125, and I'm not 100% sure I could pick it up if I drop it, so I certainly couldn't pick up a heavier one.

That's a bit like saying a pony isn't as much fun as a horse, and believe me, I much prefer ponies for their character - even though they can't jump as high or gallop as fast as big horses.

Which obviously is not anything to do with bikes. But bigger doesn't mean more pleasure, as the actress said to the bishop.

Why? My bike takes me up to legal limits and keeps up with my husband's 650. It's heavier to push round than the CG125, and I'm not 100% sure I could pick it up if I drop it, so I certainly couldn't pick up a heavier one.

That's a bit like saying a pony isn't as much fun as a horse, and believe me, I much prefer ponies for their character - even though they can't jump as high or gallop as fast as big horses.

Which obviously is not anything to do with bikes. But bigger doesn't mean more pleasure, as the actress said to the bishop.

Yeh but you’ll never know if riding a bigger bike is more fun.... just sayin.

The bigger you ride the more sluggish the handling 👍

The bigger you ride the more sluggish the handling 👍

Said the Bishop to the fat actress .