Where is everyone (I blame Hoggs)

Bender

Guest Richzx6r

Didn't mention lager, right foreign muck. Proper beer is what you want none of this overblown fruit juice. Theakstons, Black Sheep, Spitfire, any proper ale even stout will do.

I don't mind a few pints of London pride but for a session my go to is cider

Guest Richzx6r

I wouldn't drink cider at all after too many nights drinking flat warm bottles of merrydown as a teen :lol:

Many years later my father-in-law reintroduced me to it as it was the only thing he had in to drink and I've enjoyed it since :cheers:

Speaking of which, does anyone remember the Stella Artois Cidre? I quite liked the pear one

Yes I very much liked a drop of stella cidre though recently all I seem to drink is dark fruits

I don't mind the odd really dry cider like Dunkertons Black Fox on a hot summer day but for a session it just disagrees with me. The after effects involve the phrase "eye of a needle" and further info you can add yourself.😁

Guest Richzx6r

As for beer I'm really not fussed, I can drink anything from heavy IPAs to bottles of budweiser that have been sat in the sun :mrgreen:

You my friend have some serious issues :up:

...Budweiser???🤮 dirty bloody lager

Guest Richzx6r

I don't mind the odd really dry cider like Dunkertons Black Fox on a hot summer day but for a session it just disagrees with me. The after effects involve the phrase "eye of a needle" and further info you can add yourself.😁

I love a good proper west country cider something with a good alcohol content and a dubious name like wobbly munk or sweaty badgers arse or something

Edited by Richzx6r

The problem with lager is in the UK we've been exposed to some right rubbish lager. Anyone remember Harp lager? Horrible brew. Real lager like a genuine Czech Budweiser pilsner isn't bad. Ditto a lot of the micro brewery lagers in Germany and elsewhere are alright. That said I'll drink them in foreign parts but not at home where I can be a fussy bugger.

Guest Richzx6r

The problem with lager is in the UK we've been exposed to some right rubbish lager. Anyone remember Harp lager? Horrible brew. Real lager like a genuine Czech Budweiser pilsner isn't bad. Ditto a lot of the micro brewery lagers in Germany and elsewhere are alright. That said I'll drink them in foreign parts but not at home where I can be a fussy bugger.

Must admit I do like a nice leffe ruby

Best bit of getting older to me is not being bothered about what I order in a pub. I love Gin & Tonic but feck me it wasnt a good idea to order that when I was 19 :shock: :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Best bit of getting older to me is not being bothered about what I order in a pub. I love Gin & Tonic but feck me it wasnt a good idea to order that when I was 19 :shock: :lol:

Starting to sound abit posh there tig

I nicked a bottle of gin from my parents and smuggled it into the Theatre Royal in Newcastle when were dragged to watch the RSC Twelfth Night (Shakespeare for English O level). Shared it out with my mates, neat and warm. It did not end well.

Guest Richzx6r

@Richzx6r I was called worse than that ordering it in my local yorkshire pub 20 years ago :lol:

Was you dressed as an extra out of YMCA?

As for beer I'm really not fussed, I can drink anything from heavy IPAs to bottles of budweiser that have been sat in the sun :mrgreen:

Snap :D

I'm very adaptable, I've worked my way down the beer Isle at morrisons, I now have to decide white or red for my next world cruise on the alchomahol experience

Guest Richzx6r

I usually keep a few of these in the cupboard for when I fancy a beer. Hopefully this redeems me for the Bud & fosters :mrgreen:

IMG_20200423_203058.jpg

I don't think anything could redeem the admission to enjoying fosters and bud