Sinnis Apache service schedule??

19fraser93

Hi there , new to this forum . Hoping some one could tell me when to get my sinnis serviced , I have only had the bike around about 3 months from brand new but I want to try best to look after it and keep it running well.

Thanks

Fraser

welcome :thumb: i wouldn't bother , wont make any difference to its lifespan.

[mention]XTreme[/mention] might be more help he's gone for a chinese bike as his next purchase .

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Did you buy it from a dealer? They will probably be able to help you out with servicing.

I think the service schedule on those bikes is a bit frequent though :shock:

Edit:.

Screenshot_20201003-220335.thumb.png.c2d50ab2eb2def97f5c8828f97437752.png

The service schedule should be in your user manual, if you are handy with the spanners there is no reason you can't do it yourself using oem parts just keep a record of parts used for warranty purposes, if you are bothered about the warranty :thumb:

The resale of chinese bike isn't brilliant and keeping to the service schedule doesn't seem to matter much either, i did take mine for it's first service to the dealers, but after that do my own servicing, haven't bothered with a record as not bothered by warranty which will be up in about six months anyway, bought mine new as looking at long term ownership and usage as it does everthing i need it to do :thumb:

Yeah mate didn’t think the resale value was too great on them. I might just do them my self as in handy with spanner’s . So the oil and filters and plug when it needs but the only other thing is the chain tension I’ve had it 3 month not done it , I oil it roulghy once every 2 weeks . Is the chain Tension something easy enough to do

The specs should be in the user manual but when you clean it just do a visual check for tension and alignment, if it goes out of spec just slacken off the axle nut and re adjust just be aware that the tension might need the bike on the side stand or on the centre stand or even with rider on the bike, always research the procedure before going ahead :thumb:

If you don't follow the terms of the service schedule your warranty will be void. No warranty. If your brand new bike blows up after 1000 miles it will be tough luck. I'd find out the price of following the service schedule by calling them and getting a quote and decide after that if it's worth following or not.

Aye I’ve spoke to a garage round the corner from me , not where I bought the bike. He said he’s can do it and keep the miles lower for my service book so going to get it in and sorted then after will do them my self , cheers