Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Back in Scotland. Did my back in last week and the drive up hasn't helped. Sacked off hotels and booked myself in a lovely cottage in the middle of nowhere, got food in and there's a little wood burner. View out the window not too shabby PXL_20231023_164854006.thumb.jpg.be21fcded06ea846d5999985a21a89ae.jpgPXL_20231023_164910953.thumb.jpg.ed5dcea350c4b0948d4d72c5b35b933c.jpg

Good morning

Is it Friday yet? I'm feeling fairly done with this week already :lol:

Girlfriend is going up Snowden this Saturday with my mum and sister, and it dawned on her that while I've had a lot of 1 on 1 time with her family over the nearly 5 years we've been together, she's never been left alone with my mum and sister, so she's now more nervous of that than the hike itself. Which I find odd given what could go wrong with the hike, vs what could go wrong socially. I'm debating if I need to be local in case someone sprains/cracks something and needs carrying back down. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good morning

Is it Friday yet? I'm feeling fairly done with this week already :lol:

Girlfriend is going up Snowden this Saturday with my mum and sister, and it dawned on her that while I've had a lot of 1 on 1 time with her family over the nearly 5 years we've been together, she's never been left alone with my mum and sister, so she's now more nervous of that than the hike itself. Which I find odd given what could go wrong with the hike, vs what could go wrong socially. I'm debating if I need to be local in case someone sprains/cracks something and needs carrying back down. 

Maybe she's afraid if being pushed off the top, don't underestimate family falling outs 😂

• Haha 1

Good evening,

On the road and did 300 miles today up to Sunderland and back to Manchester. Was good to do some proper practical stuff, measuring up large kit to fit into a room that is way too small. Going to have to mix some of the old school methods with the new, a rare bit of what I feel is "real" engineering today. Less and less of that as of late. 

• Like 2

So I managed to get out and typically it started to rain 10 minutes from getting back.  Jacket wasn't waterproof so I got back looking like a drowned rat, my neighbour thought it was hilarious.  I really don't want to ride if its going to rain next time, clear sunny days only.