Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Good evening. It’s a Sunday and I’ve been a bit busy hitting walls with an SDS drill and chisels. It’s a bit worrying when you encounter electrical wiring that does this…

And for those of you who know about old buildings needing to breathe, the second photo is the non-breathable cement that had to be chipped off to reveal the stone walling. 

E9B780A5-1455-4B76-AD86-915862FEFC2E.jpeg

A72E88C6-D221-4329-BE55-24C80F2FD97B.jpeg

I did something similar a while ago, but it was a water pipe I went though. 

9 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: had a good weekend in Norfolk :thumb:

Still not at work! :scratch:

@goat! we had breakfast at the bistro at Wymondham railway station! pretty good!:thumb:

Didn't know there was one there, will check it out 👍

Good evening!

Odd one today. Was asked to put my pronouns into a new work signature recently. I’d seen some do it but didn’t feel the need personally. I also find both ends of the social debate online nuts in how politicised it gets and the extreme views, so I largely sit it out.

I adopted the new signature but left my pronouns out. But was then chased on it, so I simply said “I can’t put any as I don’t have any preferred pronouns”. 

My manager thankfully found it funny. I think they’d gotten a few rants on “compelled speech”, whereas I’d just ducked it by playing along, and giving an answer I knew couldn’t be challenged :lol: 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Good evening!

Odd one today. Was asked to put my pronouns into a new work signature recently. I’d seen some do it but didn’t feel the need personally. I also find both ends of the social debate online nuts in how politicised it gets and the extreme views, so I largely sit it out.

I adopted the new signature but left my pronouns out. But was then chased on it, so I simply said “I can’t put any as I don’t have any preferred pronouns”. 

My manager thankfully found it funny. I think they’d gotten a few rants on “compelled speech”, whereas I’d just ducked it by playing along, and giving an answer I knew couldn’t be challenged :lol: 

Being from Yorkshire, mine are Thee/Thou.

Edited by Fiddlesticks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Being from Yorkshire, mine are Thee/Thou.

Being from Lancashire and in keeping with my Lancashire Heritage and dialect, I would have to have Owd mon/Owd lad. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Afternoon :classic_biggrin: I've got to go to work tonight! That's going to be a bit of a shock! :scratch:

I bet you thought there wasn't going to be a job after finding there was no work after new year was done

• Like 1

Well It's about time I did something.

My motorcycle gear is getting too tight. So, I'm trying to do the couch to 5k. I started Friday with 3K and another 3K this evening. Using the NHS app. Start with a 5 min brisk walk then 60 second jog, then 90 second walk, do this eight times and a 5 min brisk walk home. God help me 🤣

• Like 4