Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Johnny come lately’ s SPORTSBIKESHOP ad has bloody appeared at the bottom of the screen now it’s too late 😆

Used @TimRs link though. Thanks. 

Might be worth putting it somewhere permanent cos remembering to use it and then having to hunt round might reduce numbers a tad. 

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Johnny come lately’ s SPORTSBIKESHOP ad has bloody appeared at the bottom of the screen now it’s too late 😆

Used @TimRs link though. Thanks. 

Might be worth putting it somewhere permanent cos remembering to use it and then having to hunt round might reduce numbers a tad. 

@Six30 advised @Stu to put it in the sidebar as well.....but he didn't listen.

He also advised him to run the newsfeeds through FiveFilters to convert them to full text.......but he didn't listen to that either.

200.gif

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

@Six30 advised @Stu to put it in the sidebar as well.....but he didn't listen.

He also advised him to run the newsfeeds through FiveFilters to convert them to full text.......but he didn't listen to that either.

200.gif

Work work work work 

Some of us don't sit in front of a pc all day you know 🤣

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Somewhere like here wheres it's always been? 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Work work work work 

Some of us don't sit in front of a pc all day you know 🤣

You couldn't hack it Stu......and you know it!

You couldn't wait to get back in a bus after the migration week. :classic_laugh:

As for work.....Cpanel, Cloud Linux, and KernelCare are all installed and configured!

The migration started late afternoon and 100GB has come across so far......500GB to go.

And this rate we may be able to switch the IP's tomorrow night!

• Like 1

You couldn't hack it Stu......and you know it!

You couldn't wait to get back in a bus after the migration week. :classic_laugh:

As for work.....Cpanel, Cloud Linux, and KernelCare are all installed and configured!

The migration started late afternoon and 100GB has come across so far......500GB to go.

And this rate we may be able to switch the IP's tomorrow night!

To be honest I could do it all day long! 

I just need to learn a bit more :lol: 

Sounds like they are on it :shock:

Just now, Stu said:

To be honest I could do it all day long! 

I just need to learn a bit more :lol: 

Sounds like they are on it :shock:

They don't support Cloud Linux though......and don't have much knowledge on it. In fact I have more knowledge of it than they do.

So I was back and fore between CL and FH support for hours relaying instructions.

But CL's support is amazing.....best in the business. Always a reply in minutes and you always speak to a seriously high level tech.......not third world subcontractors.

They don't support Cloud Linux though......and don't have much knowledge on it. In fact I have more knowledge of it than they do.

So I was back and fore between CL and FH support for hours relaying instructions.

But CL's support is amazing.....best in the business. Always a reply in minutes and you always speak to a seriously high level tech.......not third world subcontractors.

You can't complain really! 

but I bet you have to pay for that privilege 

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

You can't complain really! 

but I bet you have to pay for that privilege 

Well Cloud Linux isn't free.......I pay monthly for it. But it's well worth it if you're running a server with multiple accounts.

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well Cloud Linux isn't free.......I pay monthly for it. But it's well worth it if you're running a server with multiple accounts.

Bit beyond what I need then :lol: 

For the future.......cos things can change can't they?

I would still say its overkill for what I need! I can't see me hosting more than what I do unless its going to be making me rich :lol: 

Just now, Stu said:

I would still say its overkill for what I need! I can't see me hosting more than what I do unless its going to be making me rich :lol: 

Of course it's overkill now......but you never know.....the lure of the anorak might drag you into it fulltime one day!

• Haha 1

Of course it's overkill now......but you never know.....the lure of the anorak might drag you into it fulltime one day!

I can't see it happening somehow! but maybe if the opportunity arises I would maybe think about it 

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I must be being extra thick cos I just don’t get it. Where’s here, a mention in a middle of a thread or a banner on the bottom of the screen that sometimes appears?

First pinned post in this section https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/forum/forum/25-clothing-luggage-accessories-and-security/

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hmm

I understand and appreciate someone who doesn’t feel comfortable plugging something that revolves around sending monies their way but it might be a bit too buried 😬

You have to know and remember before you purchase someone else might also benefit, then dig out a link in the right section or be lucky enough for the right banner to appear at the bottom of the page. Dare I suggest a little fixed sidebar square?
I did a search but as you can imagine sportsbikeshop brings up a kabillion results. 
It’s not distasteful to make people’s lives easier and if it costs us nothing and you benefit a smidge as a consequence that’s only a good thing.  

I think. What say others? 

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hmm

I understand and appreciate someone who doesn’t feel comfortable plugging something that revolves around sending monies their way but it might be a bit too buried 😬

You have to know and remember before you purchase someone else might also benefit, then dig out a link in the right section or be lucky enough for the right banner to appear at the bottom of the page. Dare I suggest a little fixed sidebar square?
I did a search but as you can imagine sportsbikeshop brings up a kabillion results. 
It’s not distasteful to make people’s lives easier and if it costs us nothing and you benefit a smidge as a consequence that’s only a good thing.  

I think. What say others? 

I have already added the 3 banners to the side bar that rotate! but you will only see them on a PC/laptop maybe some tablets 

I have the 3 rotating as I have one thats paid and two that the forum earns money off if the link is used 

If you're on a mobile then is still shows it at the bottom of the page 

I am always open to suggestions :thumb: 

If you’re happy with that then all’s dandy.
I only know what one ended users experience is which was no sportsbikeshop banner for for me to click on. I’d put all three little fixed ones on under the rotating so it’s always available but I know nothing about this stuff and I’m sure others have had different experiences. 

Anyway got there in the end and I’ve just spent all the Christmas dosh and I managed to click a link first 😆

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I only know what one ended users experience is which was no sportsbikeshop banner for for me to click on. I’d put all three little fixed ones on under the rotating so it’s always available but I know nothing about this stuff and I’m sure others have had different experiences. 

Anyway got there in the end and I’ve just spent all the Christmas dosh and I managed to click a link first 😆

I just have to be careful of available space! and try to not make it all too cluttered its hard to get it perfect :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

cracked it :wave:

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I can't see it happening somehow! but maybe if the opportunity arises I would maybe think about it 

You don't want to be driving busses for 25 years more surely?

That would be stupid......considering you have an interest and an aptitude for this stuff.

You don't want to be driving busses for 25 years more surely?

That would be stupid......considering you have an interest and an aptitude for this stuff.

You are right! 

And I would love to do something like this! and I must say everything is getting easier too with a lot of stuff just plug and play now! which would mean too many cowboys at it :lol: