Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

I thought it was supposed to be summer! Where's the bloody global warming then? 6 C this morning and pissing down with rain. Filthy weather. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I thought it was supposed to be summer! Where's the bloody global warming then? 6 C this morning and pissing down with rain. Filthy weather. 

Yep. Same. Two mistakes this morning: not setting off before the rain arrived and not wearing the fully waterproof boots. ☔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Yep. Same. Two mistakes this morning: not setting off before the rain arrived and not wearing the fully waterproof boots. ☔

My mistake was wearing my summer gear to go north on Sunday. Waterproof over trousers aren't waterproof anymore. At least the jacket still is. My only sensible decision was to take winter weight goretex gloves but even with them I had the heated grips on full blast. Wore 3 layers under my jacket and was still cold. 

• Like 3

Just now, Nick the wanderer said:

Climate change they call it now, the climate defo appears to be changing it would seem. You notice it much at sea SW?

To be honest yes. There are statistically more storms and significant wave heights are up by about 0.5 m on average compared to 50 years ago. Doesn't sound much but there's an enormous amount of energy required to achieve this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Climate change they call it now, the climate defo appears to be changing it would seem. You notice it much at sea SW?

yes all the seasons do seem to be changing these days 😐

11 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

My mistake was wearing my summer gear to go north on Sunday. Waterproof over trousers aren't waterproof anymore. At least the jacket still is. My only sensible decision was to take winter weight goretex gloves but even with them I had the heated grips on full blast. Wore 3 layers under my jacket and was still cold. 

Snap !   I did the same for a short tour of Brittany at the weekend. Set off having consulted two separate weather forecasts promising sunny weather, light winds and 18C to 20C temperatures. The only thing they got right was the damn wind direction. The hotel turned out to be a shit-hole and on the second day my sat nav started imitating HAL from 2001 !  

Went home in a mood !   Think I'll take up Trainspotting.  The one with the drugs and drink and sex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I was sat on a beach this afternoon with SWMBO. Lovely weather and lots of people about. She spotted a young lad she wasn't happy about, something triggered her spidey sense. So we kept an eye on him as he wandered along the beach.

Sure enough half an hour later a distraught dad came legging it along the beach. His 7 year old had wandered off. The police were on their way. 

We knew exactly where he was so pointed him out to his dad. He'd wandered a good three quarters of a mile from where they'd last seen him. 

Needless to say his dad was rather relieved.  

I've just learnt over the years that her instincts with kids is usually spot on. 

• Like 7