Another Motorcycling Tutorial for Casuals!

XTreme

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

i think that i might be one seeing as i havent been on my bike all year :classic_blush:

Ok I see what it is now .... I don’t think it really matters, I’d love to be able to lay mine up for the winter, what matters is that we’re all bikers, we all ride .... good enough for me 👍

Edited by manxie49
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, manxie49 said:

Ok I see what it is now .... I don’t think it really matters, I’d love to be able to lay mine up for the winter, what matters is that we’re all bikers, whether it be part or full time, personally I’m not gonna stereotype any biker, what matters is we all ride .... good enough for me 👍

I think that's what makes us! we are all bikers and the piss taking is part of the fun which is all just banter :thumb:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu said:

I think that's what makes us! we are all bikers and the piss taking is part of the fun which is all just banter :thumb:

It's banter, ohhh fook I'm on the wrong forum.

Yup makes no difference how often you get out on a bike or what your reasons are, I would love to commute with mine every day but there's a reason I drive a 3t van.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

thanks mate im hoping to do a lot better next year :classic_huh:

We have all had bad years for riding! 

I fell out of love for it a few years back and was lucky if I did 500 miles a year for about 3 years running! 

Just now, Stu said:

We have all had bad years for riding! 

I fell out of love for it a few years back and was lucky if I did 500 miles a year for about 3 years running! 

Fook me running 500 miles no wonder you went off it, your supposed to ride the bike.

• Like 1

Just now, Bender said:

Fook me running 500 miles no wonder you went off it, your supposed to ride the bike.

I made up for it! I got the fjr and did 7k in 6 months with a 10 day European tour 🤣😂

10 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

Ok I see what it is now .... I don’t think it really matters, I’d love to be able to lay mine up for the winter, what matters is that we’re all bikers, whether it be part or full time, personally I’m not gonna stereotype any biker, what matters is we all ride .... good enough for me 👍

But if you don’t stereotype how do you judge and if you don’t judge and make sweeping generalisations how can you make groundless insults and wild accusations against random people on the internet? I don’t see it catching on 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

It's banter, ohhh fook I'm on the wrong forum.

Yup makes no difference how often you get out on a bike or what your reasons are, I would love to commute with mine every day but there's a reason I drive a 3t van.

I think I need a 3t van state of some drivers over here 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

You may remember a few months ago that I did a vid to show you how to get on and off your bikes!

Well I'm presuming that you've all absorbed that by now......so we can move onto the next stage!

The next stage is where you actually get the bike out of your garage and put it on the road.....ready to actually ride.

Now I'm aware that this will be completely unknown territory for many of you casuals......but there comes a time when you have to push the boundaries a bit. And this is one of those times!

Just remember not to fall over with it if possible though! If you feel you are likely to fall over with it, then get somebody filming you......that way myself and @JRH can advise on where you went wrong!

Phew thanks for clearing that up, could save me a fortune on keeping the bike butler butler around to get the bike out, next though I need one about putting the bike away, thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

But if you don’t stereotype how do you judge and if you don’t judge and make sweeping generalisations how can you make groundless insults and wild accusations against random people on the internet? I don’t see it catching on 😆

Never seen myself as a judge .... more an executioner, always fancied that job 🤣

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Phew thanks for clearing that up, could save me a fortune on keeping the bike butler butler around to get the bike out, next though I need one about putting the bike away, thanks. 

God your posh, you have a bike Butler who has a Butler, hope you have a garage big enough for them all.

3 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

Never seen myself as a judge .... more an executioner, always fancied that job 🤣

a few years ago a hangman lived about five miles away and when he wasn't hanging people he ran the local pub 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bender said:

God your posh, you have a bike Butler who has a Butler, hope you have a garage big enough for them all.

A butler never fetches a wheeled vehicle. That is the role of the coachman, footmen and postillions. The butler gives instructions to the persons responsible for preparing the transport, but he would never take such matters in his own hands. 

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

A butler never fetches a wheeled vehicle. That is the role of the coachman, footmen and postillions. The butler gives instructions to the persons responsible for preparing the transport, but he would never take such matters in his own hands. 

What does the butlers butler do?

7 minutes ago, Bender said:

Damn I went to edit out the extra butler and accuse you of post tampering but it won’t play ball so I’ll just have to settle on the grammar and spelling thing again instead rahahaa. 

• Like 1