Good news everybody, Lockdown is over.

Bender

16 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Any particular lid?

Never figured you for a tattoo guy. Wot u getting?

The promised tattoo photos! These are the one's I have - the new/scheduled ones are a little different.

i-KrWQL5h-M.jpg

i-j7nBrSd-M.jpg

Edited by learningtofly
  • Like 1

@learningtofly bit off topic but Motolegends just sent out an email 30% off helmets. Might be worth ringing them and asking if they’ll still do that for you Wednesday and if not order the helmet online at the discounted price and take it back to the store on your appt day to switch it if it doesn’t fit. 

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
Oh it’s not off topic it’s about the end of lockdown! 😂
  • Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@learningtofly bit off topic but Motolegends just sent out an email 30% off helmets. Might be worth ringing them and asking if they’ll still do that for you Wednesday and if not order the helmet online at the discounted price and take it back to the store in your appt day to switch it if it doesn’t fit. 

Yes, saw that, thank you. They've already price-matched the cheapest BF offer I could find and then undercut it by 10% so the deal I've got is a good one. They haven't actually discounted the one I've ordered in their own sale, either (just the black and red variant).

1 minute ago, learningtofly said:

Yes, saw that, thank you. They've already price-matched the cheapest BF offer I could find and then undercut it by 10% so the deal I've got is a good one. They haven't actually discounted the one I've ordered in their own sale, either (just the black and red variant).

Oh cos the email says all prices discounted to 30% ?!?!? Heyho so long as you’re happy. 

No tattoos here.......cos you don't put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes! :classic_cool:

My style gurus have always been James Dean, Steve McQueen, and Paul Newman........so things like tattoos have no place being on my body.

Now to me, This is The Style! It sums up everything what motorcycling should be about!

A cool guy, a hot bird, and a great bike!

11ab6474ad43fa1ff4656fef14e5051e.thumb.jpg.c397b92e793f1cf98084516b216de0f6.jpg

Explain to me how having something written on your body matches that? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No tattoos here.......cos you don't put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes! :classic_cool:

My style gurus have always been James Dean, Steve McQueen, and Paul Newman........so things like tattoos have no place being on my body.

Now to me, This is The Style! It sums up everything what motorcycling should be about!

A cool guy, a hot bird, and a great bike!

11ab6474ad43fa1ff4656fef14e5051e.thumb.jpg.c397b92e793f1cf98084516b216de0f6.jpg

Explain to me how having something written on your body matches that? 

Not entirely sure why you'd even suggest that there's a parallel, but i agree about the image.

Well back in the in the day they were less likely to have a carefully cultivated public image destroyed by the internet. They only had to look good in photos and give the occasional pre-scripted interviews with friendly journos who won’t print anything detrimental so McQueens wife beating was never news and people got to carry on worshipping ie paying for their idols.

I was gutted when I heard what an ultra right wing ahole John Wayne was but then I discovered in common with most right wingers he was a moron  :seeya:

4 hours ago, rennie said:

I've got no tattoos!

I've never been able to get my head around paying someone to hurt me! :classic_biggrin:

When I was first at sea there were a lot of crusty old jolly jacks with tats that looked awful. A consequence of age and having them done in a back street tattooist  in Singapore after a night on the lash. Fair put me off. Of course roughty  toughty sailors are vanishing fast. I was cast into a slough of despond when I overheard my (male) second mate and an AB discussing the relative merits of various types of hairbands to wear under a safety helmet. What's  even further psst a sell by date than gammon? Cos that's me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well back in the in the day they were less likely to have a carefully cultivated public image destroyed by the internet. They only had to look good in photos and give the occasional pre-scripted interviews with friendly journos who won’t print anything detrimental so McQueens wife beating was never news and people got to carry on worshipping ie paying for their idols.

I was gutted when I heard what an ultra right wing ahole John Wayne was but then I discovered in common with most right wingers he was a moron  :seeya:

Oooooh. Someone's been sipping at the "let's troll sauce"! :twisted:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you mean McQueen just have a Google his girlfriends have been quite candid about it- after they got away. 

Problem with ex partners is they are not always the most reliable, I could have served time and never been allowed to see my kids again if the court had believed a word from her, yes we ended up in court.

Ahhhh I hear you say but that's just one, I had another who wanted me done too when it ended, she turned into a proper bunny boiler, I even had her mam threatening to stab me, luckily it was recorded on my answer machine.

As for tattoo's I personally hate them and have told the wife, who has a small one, when I'm in charge of social cleansing I'm starting with the tattoo brigade 😁 

• Like 1