Electric Body Warmer

Now this is not going to go down well with everybody, electric body warmer...  £18.50
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Vest-Heated-Jacket-USB-Thermal-Heated-Pad-Winter-Body-Warmer-Overcoat/353188019879?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=622389032158&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
I have to say for the price I cannot argue, I already had a battery pack to run it from...  

Had it on the other week and it was not cold enough to use it, out today for a couple of hours and it kept my body warm. on low.  The heat seemed to radiate to my shoulders, which was a pleasant surprise, on arriving home my hands and arms have warmed up much quicker.

Powered by USB so potentially it could be plugged into bike.

One word of warning I am a Large I would say its a Small sized medium size, I bought XL Should of bought 2Xl or even 3 XL.

There is a  £14.00 version as well but I liked the idea of the neck warmer and its more than a nice idea.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-USB-Winter-Heated-Warm-Vest-Mens-Casual-Heating-Coat-Jacket-Outwear-Top/353247249683?_trkparms=aid%3D1110012%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOIPOST%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225114%26meid%3D8e50da6d872a4e1fa3b1635a2b81a209%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D353188019879%26itm%3D353247249683%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DPromotedSellersOtherItemsV2%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

Now thinking should I try the heated trousers at £25 as my feet are still a bit cold.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=heated+trousers&_sacat=0&_sop=15

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Unlikely to happen, chinese electrics are world renowned don’t you know 😉😂

you mean a bit like italian electrics on ducati's

Edited by skyrider
  • Haha 1

I have a waistcoat version and it's great! It runs off one of the power bank things you recharge like a mobile phone, so I consider it quite safe. Mine is very warm on the higher settings, and only needs to be on low normally. 

Sizes do come up small, but i went up two sizes and it's an ok fit. 

Didn't know about the trousers though, will have to look. Along with heated grips, I'm gonna look like the ready brek kid riding along ( for those that remember the ad):classic_laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shepherd said:

I have a waistcoat version and it's great! It runs off one of the power bank things you recharge like a mobile phone, so I consider it quite safe. Mine is very warm on the higher settings, and only needs to be on low normally. 

Sizes do come up small, but i went up two sizes and it's an ok fit. 

Didn't know about the trousers though, will have to look. Along with heated grips, I'm gonna look like the ready brek kid riding along ( for those that remember the ad):classic_laugh:

but at least you will be warm :classic_smile:

On 02/12/2020 at 20:31, skyrider said:

you mean a bit like italian electrics on ducati's

Actually modern  Ducati's don't have Italian  electrics they're Bosch; I've had no issues with mine so far.

Edited by S-Westerly
Bloody spell check!
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2020 at 16:43, onesea said:

Now this is not going to go down well with everybody, electric body warmer...  £18.50
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Vest-Heated-Jacket-USB-Thermal-Heated-Pad-Winter-Body-Warmer-Overcoat/353188019879?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=622389032158&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
I have to say for the price I cannot argue, I already had a battery pack to run it from...  

Had it on the other week and it was not cold enough to use it, out today for a couple of hours and it kept my body warm. on low.  The heat seemed to radiate to my shoulders, which was a pleasant surprise, on arriving home my hands and arms have warmed up much quicker.

Powered by USB so potentially it could be plugged into bike.

One word of warning I am a Large I would say its a Small sized medium size, I bought XL Should of bought 2Xl or even 3 XL.

There is a  £14.00 version as well but I liked the idea of the neck warmer and its more than a nice idea.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-USB-Winter-Heated-Warm-Vest-Mens-Casual-Heating-Coat-Jacket-Outwear-Top/353247249683?_trkparms=aid%3D1110012%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOIPOST%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225114%26meid%3D8e50da6d872a4e1fa3b1635a2b81a209%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D353188019879%26itm%3D353247249683%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DPromotedSellersOtherItemsV2%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

Now thinking should I try the heated trousers at £25 as my feet are still a bit cold.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=heated+trousers&_sacat=0&_sop=15

How fast was delivery?

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Interested to see  how long it lasts as longevity and build quality of Chinese stuff isn't always the best.  Personally I won't be buying one as I've been gifted something a bit better.

Depends how you look at it.  £20 if it lasts a couple of winters at 1/10 the prices of top gear it isn't bad value.

If I use it and get enough wear to know I will use it, then I know it's worth spending out on better gear. 

If it only gets used a couple of times and forgotten I have lost less.

• Like 2

If you got one winter and managed some comfy rides as a result its money well spent. Just looking at repairing heated grip which has stopped working and realise I may only use once in blue moon, but that once could turn a crap day decent.

5 hours ago, jedibiker said:

If you got one winter and managed some comfy rides as a result its money well spent. Just looking at repairing heated grip which has stopped working and realise I may only use once in blue moon, but that once could turn a crap day decent.

I know of some Chinese heated grips less than £15.

Been using for 3 years now on 2 bikes.  One set now only works on max but I blame local triumph dealer for that...

15 hours ago, onesea said:

I know of some Chinese heated grips less than £15.

Been using for 3 years now on 2 bikes.  One set now only works on max but I blame local triumph dealer for that...

do they fit the oxford wire loom or need a little mod,, is only 2 wires so no big deal lol.

1 hour ago, jedibiker said:

do they fit the oxford wire loom or need a little mod,, is only 2 wires so no big deal lol.

They are not compatible,  the reason I bought them was you don't have the Ugly Oxford control which was turning into a nightmare to mount....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163952664126?mkevt=1&mkcid=28&chn=ps

Then I learned they dont get as hot as Oxfords then my hands dont get hot enough to seat and stay warmer!

1 hour ago, onesea said:

They are not compatible,  the reason I bought them was you don't have the Ugly Oxford control which was turning into a nightmare to mount....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163952664126?mkevt=1&mkcid=28&chn=ps

Then I learned they dont get as hot as Oxfords then my hands dont get hot enough to seat and stay warmer!

1 hour ago, onesea said:

then my hands dont get hot enough

But you recommend them?

• 3 weeks later...

Decided the cheapo eBay heated waistcoat was worth a go for my husband, it arrived last week from China and it’s surprisingly well made with a kind of velvety/short pile fur lining but is somehow still quite thin. It feels nicer than my far pricier Keis version and the integrated button is better than the Keis bulky add on
Gave my other half one of my Keis battery packs and we set off for a ride. He didn’t switch it on until he got cold which is in my book is a rooky mistake because staying warm is much easier than trying to get warm and is also far more demanding on whatever heat source you’re using but still it did a great job, he said it warmed him up nicely. It’s a bargain so thanks for that @onesea 

The downside is as onesea said the sizing. My husband is xxl in uk sizing and the xxxl is nowhere near it, the xxxl fits my medium/large size son.

Fortunately it work undone! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Earlier this winter I Finally got round to buying one that fitted properly. In the latest cold snap it has been dog walking, sailing and biking.

I wear allot less bulk and am more mobile whilst keeping warm.