Happy solstice day

husoi

Guest Swagman

Yes I was in the house when I heard the crunch, it was a young lass a care worker bless her she was in a right state had to calm her down, crying her eyes out poor lass.🥲🥲

I do have some sympathy as I bet she is rushing about trying to keep up with unrealistic appointment times etc.

Oh well like the damage to my car last month I hope the insurance takes the strain and gets you sorted asap.

For what its worth if she is happy with you doing so contact her insurers direct and don`t involve yours, the logic for doing so is it saves them money as your insurer isn`t adding costs and as a result I found they were happy to go with my choice for repairer and the hire car was delivered to my home that evening.

The company (e`sure) were actually very good once detailed photos and my garage`s quote was in their hands.

The husband of the woman who hit my car was pushing for private settlement until he found out the costs lol.

Cheers

Ian

Guest Swagman
6 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

I do have some sympathy as I bet she is rushing about trying to keep up with unrealistic appointment times etc.

Oh well like the damage to my car last month I hope the insurance takes the strain and gets you sorted asap.

For what its worth if she is happy with you doing so contact her insurers direct and don`t involve yours, the logic for doing so is it saves them money as your insurer isn`t adding costs and as a result I found they were happy to go with my choice for repairer and the hire car was delivered to my home that evening.

The company (e`sure) were actually very good once detailed photos and my garage`s quote was in their hands.

The husband of the woman who hit my car was pushing for private settlement until he found out the costs lol.

Cheers

Ian

Yeah you’re right she had been up since 5.30 that morning she hit my car at 1800 so had been a long day for the lass, her father rang this morning and asked if I would let him pay for the repairs but I’m not sure once it’s been assessed weather he will want to, may cost quite a bit needs complete new colour coded bumper not sure about fog light and under wheel arch or any of the metal bodywork it certainly went with a big crack the neighbour over the road came out and he’s a bit mutton, I had already rung the insurance company last night so just waiting to see what happens next.👍

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

Yeah you’re right she had been up since 5.30 that morning she hit my car at 1800 so had been a long day for the lass, her father rang this morning and asked if I would let him pay for the repairs but I’m not sure once it’s been assessed weather he will want to, may cost quite a bit needs complete new colour coded bumper not sure about fog light and under wheel arch or any of the metal bodywork it certainly went with a big crack the neighbour over the road came out and he’s a bit mutton, I had already rung the insurance company last night so just waiting to see what happens next.👍

A similar thing happed to my wife's car, and she'd only had it a few weeks. Repairing the bumper alone was £700. I know I could have got it done much cheaper but this was a decent body shop and the truck who hit her was paying so I wanted it done right. Toyota parts aren't cheap.

Guest Swagman
36 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

A similar thing happed to my wife's car, and she'd only had it a few weeks. Repairing the bumper alone was £700. I know I could have got it done much cheaper but this was a decent body shop and the truck who hit her was paying so I wanted it done right. Toyota parts aren't cheap.

Yeah I thought it may be a bit on the expensive side, will have to see what happens when insurance gets back to me.

Guest Swagman
8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Someone bumped my bumper, cracked the panel and reflector, cost £800. 
Id rather we’d settled it between us because now for 5 years everytime I fill out a insurance quote I have to enter all the info PITA

Yeah and why you have to do that crap for a no fault claim I don’t know, I wasn’t even in the f—ing car.😤😤

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Someone bumped my bumper, cracked the panel and reflector, cost £800. 
Id rather we’d settled it between us because now for 5 years everytime I fill out a insurance quote I have to enter all the info PITA

That's precisely why I settled with the truck company directly rather than going through the insurance. It's annoying when you've paid good money for an insurance policy and then end up having to do all the work yourself. But there's no way I wanted to spend the next five years being penalised for something that was someone else's fault.

806794559_Cardamage3.jpg.019d46017e547e3d61b4af55603f3ada.jpg193153216_Cardamage4.jpg.9a203a17412da8e226f02b28351ac54d.jpg

Quite agree with you guys a private settlement would have been preferable but unfortunately what you see in the pics was over £2000 Merc really know how to charge lol even though the body shop work was very reasonable. and I had a hire car for over a week. 

The husband of the lady who hit me was expecting a few hundred so no choice.

Ironically my last Merc was written off in a car park at work when it lost a fight with a 13metre telehandler and like the experiences of others I got sick of the details being picked over by the insurance company ffs I wasn`t in it and it wasn`t even on the road.

Cheers

Ian 

3 minutes ago, husoi said:

I know you guys will curse me for days but...

Since when solstice thread become a bumper thread? 🙄🤨

You are quite right we have wandered off piste again !

Sorry.

Cheers

Ian

• Thanks 1

Yes, and soon weather getting better.

The downside is with the eegits in Scotland not understanding what lock down means soon we will be on a 3rd wave.

Looks like the Rocky movies... 

Me and OH went to Burton Dassett country park yesterday in the M3 to catch the winter solstice eve sunrise as I knew it would be washed out today. Sunrise was officially 8.13 but was a bit later as our view was blocked by a nearby hill.

We went to the same place for the summer solstice .

BTW, my bumper is ok.

20201220_083339.jpg

20200620_044704(0).jpg