Faun Cafe and Ride Out

dynax

Hi every one did 157 miles today, went to the Faun Cafe and not bad, it's clean and decent food only had a sausage and bacon bap and a mug of coffee £5.50 and pretty quick and good service, then went on my ride, I won't bore you with the details and had to cut short my video footage going over Woodhead due do very heavy rain, but will get it edited and posted on YT asap, but here is a screen grab of my overall route on Google maps :thumb:

Starting in Donny and going clockwise and first stop at Faun Cafe.

152977975_Rideoutroute2021-08-22.thumb.png.5fce4414755cd4f7134717284fc6e49c.png

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Good ride out then @dynax

Yes it was, second stop was at the Lady Bower cafe and saw some bikers I met before at one of our club bike nights, I got drenched though going over Woodhead Pass but I couldn't careless I was enjoying the ride.

Just waiting for the footage to finish transfering from the card to my pc hard drive only another couple of hours to go, good job I put in the bigger card got nearly 40GB of footage to sift through :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Stu said:

This is where I got bored with doing any video footage :lol: 

It can get a bit monotonous, but all I will do is pick out some key areas and get rid of the rest.

I am lucky using the dashcam as it records in 3 min segments so I can just join the bits I want to keep, I have got a few minutes of me filtering on the A1 as I missed my exit and to carry on until the next one :lol:

• Like 1

On 24/08/2021 at 06:44, dynax said:

Video done. I have done this one as bit of an experiment to see if it works or not.

Not that I really care anyway it just a bit of fun for me :lol:

I have almost given up on making video's. I usually film our holidays and then troll through a weeks worth of material to then edit them down to 3 min videos 😂

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Pie man said:

I have almost given up on making video's. I usually film our holidays and then troll through a weeks worth of material to then edit them down to 3 min videos 😂

Its that bit what pisses me off! 

sometimes hours of recordings to try and get good bits and have to sift through it all! 

I am too lazy to take bloody pics never mind edit photo's! Maybe one day when I am retired :lol: 

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Its that bit what pisses me off! 

sometimes hours of recordings to try and get good bits and have to sift through it all! 

I am too lazy to take bloody pics never mind edit photo's! Maybe one day when I am retired :lol: 

This is why I say I am lucky using the dashcam.

What I do is first transfer the video clips into a folder called Rideout (date xxxx), then I will copy them into a working folder just using the date.

Then as I sift through them I just delete what I don't want to use, then with the other clips I will write down the time where I want to split them etc, so that when in the editing software I just do them one clip at a time save it and doing it this way I can do a few and then break off do something else so it doesn't get too tedious and I always know where I am with it :thumb:

• Like 1

On 25/08/2021 at 22:17, Stu said:

Don’t have time to edit photos when you’re retired. 🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍. 🤣🤣

• Confused 1