Gerbing Heated Gloves

manxie49

OK, I got these gloves as a present last last year and have used them through one winter season and have to say that they have not disappointed.  They were purchased with the 2A twin batteries that fit into a small pocket in the wrist of each glove.  I was a bit unsure at first as to how bulky it would make the gloves, but TBH they're pretty unobtrusive.  The batteries, when fully charged, give about 2.5hrs of heat on the high setting and 5 to 6hrs of heat on the low setting, plenty of power for commuting.  The gloves feel, at first anyway, a little bulky and thick,  but they soon wear in.  It can feel a little fiddly to begin with operating the switches on the bike, especially the indicators, especially so when you're used to more sports oriented gloves,  but you get used to that pretty quickly.  I have to say that firstly, they are lovely and warm,  I tended to have them on the medium setting for the cold frosty days and the low setting the rest of the time and never once had to complain of cold hands or numb fingers.  The gloves are waterproof,  and I rode in some torrential downpours, I keep them proofed using Nikwax leather guard which is pretty effective,  it keeps them looking like new as well.  One thing I would say when riding in the rain,  the gloves have an adjustable, interior, wrist baffle,  if you wear the gloves over your jacket, which you probably will if you use the battery packs to power them,  make sure this baffle is done up snugly,  if you don't, water runs down your jacket and goes inside the gloves.  Protection wise they have hard TPU knuckle protection and scaphoid sliders.  The gloves come with a lifetime warranty on heating elements,  and if you prefer, they can be wired to the bike rather than use battery packs.   I personally love these gloves for winter riding and have just brought them out of hiding again today for the cold season which seems to be back upon us.

IMG_0820.jpeg

Edited by manxie49

I bought the same gloves last year. I ordered them with the 3A batteries and was a bit miffed that the gloves arrived within a few days but the batteries took six weeks to arrive.

First time I used them I found that as many reviews say my hands didn't feel any actual warmth, they just didn't get cold. That was on medium setting on a very cold day. But coming home I discovered how well they work because the battery in the right hand glove failed. So my left hand was fine and my right hand was freezing. Which shows the difference they make.

SBS replaced the faulty batteries no quibble, but by the time I had the replacements the weather had got warm so I'm looking forward to the first frosts to try them out properly.

I agree that whilst the batteries look bulky once on I don't notice them at all. I might get round to hardwiring one of the bikes so save using the batteries all the time, or for very long runs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I bought the same gloves last year. I ordered them with the 3A batteries and was a bit miffed that the gloves arrived within a few days but the batteries took six weeks to arrive.

First time I used them I found that as many reviews say my hands didn't feel any actual warmth, they just didn't get cold. That was on medium setting on a very cold day. But coming home I discovered how well they work because the battery in the right hand glove failed. So my left hand was fine and my right hand was freezing. Which shows the difference they make.

SBS replaced the faulty batteries no quibble, but by the time I had the replacements the weather had got warm so I'm looking forward to the first frosts to try them out properly.

I agree that whilst the batteries look bulky once on I don't notice them at all. I might get round to hardwiring one of the bikes so save using the batteries all the time, or for very long runs.

My wife ordered these for me and she also had a bit of a wait for the batteries.  You're exactly right,  when on, hands don't get roasting hot as I think some people expect them to do,  they just don't get cold and stay comfortably frost free!  I was also impressed by how waterproof they are, the leather seems to get sodden but they don't leak water inside.  I'll see how they fair up this year again.  👍

• 1 year later...

These gloves work brilliantly with the heated jacket, if you're ever looking to bite the bullet. The jacket is fantastic too, replaces the thermal liner and it's like riding aorund on a spring day!

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 1

I need to look at something like this I'm normally quite warm even in winter so never really needed this sort of kit. However since my op I'm constantly cold I think I'll be going for some form of heated jacket and gloves. I like the idea it just stops you feeling cold and not cooking you 

12 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

I need to look at something like this I'm normally quite warm even in winter so never really needed this sort of kit. However since my op I'm constantly cold I think I'll be going for some form of heated jacket and gloves. I like the idea it just stops you feeling cold and not cooking you 

Gloves are brilliant.  My wife has the Keis heated waistcoat.  Like yourself, she had a couple of op's, and when she got back on the bike she was feeling the cold.  She loves the waist coat.  It isn't bulky, fits under her outer jacket neatly, and it doesn't cook her, it just keeps the chill off and helps maintain a constant temperature.  Not the cheapest but they certainly seem to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manxie49 said:

Gloves are brilliant.  My wife has the Keis heated waistcoat.  Like yourself, she had a couple of op's, and when she got back on the bike she was feeling the cold.  She loves the waist coat.  It isn't bulky, fits under her outer jacket neatly, and it doesn't cook her, it just keeps the chill off and helps maintain a constant temperature.  Not the cheapest but they certainly seem to work.

Great thanks for that, I won't be riding this winter but I'll look to buy some heated kit for next winter least I can get it a bit at a time 👍

• Like 1

On 02/12/2022 at 12:36, MikeHorton said:

Great thanks for that, I won't be riding this winter but I'll look to buy some heated kit for next winter least I can get it a bit at a time 👍

With my mother being in hospital for the past 7 weeks I have been very pleased with these gloves. It's a 60 minute ride each way half on fast A roads half on motorways so wind chill is a factor. 

With the 3Ah batteries and the gloves set on low my hands haven't been cold at all and the batteries last fine. 

• Like 1