Typing and typos.

Throttled

I type so much, that I can two finger touch type. But there are some things that just keep on happening. I type "shirt" instead of "short" (just did it in another post) and often hit the "i" when I mean to type "o". My other habit, is when typing "a", I keep on (just did it again, typed "in and had to correct to "on") I reverse the "a" first, so "band" appears as "bnad" and "Paisley" is usually "Piasley".

Are any of you trained typists? Are there certain (typed as ceratin) typos that you just cannot stop doing?

41 minutes ago, Throttled said:

I type so much, that I can two finger touch type. But there are some things that just keep on happening. I type "shirt" instead of "short" (just did it in another post) and often hit the "i" when I mean to type "o". My other habit, is when typing "a", I keep on (just did it again, typed "in and had to correct to "on") I reverse the "a" first, so "band" appears as "bnad" and "Paisley" is usually "Piasley".

Are any of you trained typists? Are there certain (typed as ceratin) typos that you just cannot stop doing?

Back when I was a COBOL programmer, I always managed to type ‘EBGIN” instead of BEGIN when creating run commands in the system control language, which was a block control language and BEGIN was a kinda important word. 

I’m still a two finger typist and I rarely get through a sentence without a typo, though I can’t discern a pattern or theme. 

Some time back I was giving some customers a course on programming our system. It was all in C++. It wasn't meant to be hilarious, except when I showed them some sample code where I'd missed the "l" from "public". 🤦‍♂️

Odd thing is, I still make the same mistake now.

Edited by bonio

Several times with plenty different words.

MY former manager would always type estamiting or estiamating instead of estimating. In his case was to do with dyslexia 

Happens when your brain goes slightly faster than your hands and although most of the times you will type the correct letters they will be typed on the wrong place.

Not to mention that some times, if on a laptop keyboard, you just didn't made the correct pressure on a key and your other finger will press the next character making the misspelling.

Another detail is that each individual will be prone to certain misspellings than others, this will be related to individual vocabulary preferences.

Hence Microsoft creating the spelling corrector so it prevents us from doing them.

For example, I wouldn't dare to post the reply without going back and correct all the mistakes 😋🤣