Why are YOU here?

<t>What's important to you when you joined?</t>  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What's important to you when you joined?

• Friendly to newbies.
    • Family oriented.
    • Women members.
    • Bike advice.
    • Learning to ride/support.
    • Chance to meet other bikers.
    • Are admin and started it all

• 1 month later...

Im here as I followed the link from my main site EOEB.I have not posted much as I have been busy with life and the said forum..But if Im honest its because I met a few of you guys at the Lowestoft cavilcade on Sunday and thy told me about this site again.

They would be Tinkerbell and Nman :up: high guys.

I will try and post more from now on.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i`m here cos i got a link sent to me by Walney Frankie, i had a quick look and liked what i saw, i am a member of quite a few different forums, and to be quite honest some of them are nothing far short of dictatorships (not all i hasten to add), pity i cannot tick more boxes, if i could this would be the result

1 Friendly to newbies

2 Chance to meet other bikers

3 Bike advice

4 Women members. :yay: :love: LOL

Course you can help!! We have to vet << do i mean this kinda vet? members before they can be on the dating site lol...

Gaz, yeh i know they are, but we aint making money out of it! Im providing a place for people to meet!!!

• 2 months later...

As the newest newbie I thought I would post on here.

I, like most of you have been/ am on a few other forums but find most of them to be clicky and argumentative. It seems to be on some forums that if you don't make it to the various meets etc that you aren't considered a proper member ( or you are a "proper member" depending on the definition). Being a family guy and shift worker it's not always easy to make these meets.

This looked to me to be a fun forum with a lot of new bikers (often looked down upon in other forums) and female bikers (sadly lacking in most forums) and nobody slating them for just being who they are.

Hope I can offer some advice to newer bikers and have a bit of a laugh and maybe meet up with some of you. May also be after advice on how to put the GSXR back together one of these days!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i googled motorbike forums and i ended up here. i dont go on any other forums and doubt i ever will...................so looks like yer all stuck wi me :up:

I am a returning biker and had loads of questions I wanted answering like 'What bike?', 'Am I just being stupid?', 'Have I just got rose colored memories of that time?', etc. and Google kept sending me back to this forum, where quite a few of those questions got answered. I figured it would be churlish not to join in. I'm really glad I did. I don't have as much free time as I'd like or I'd probably have tried to meet some of you already. I'm still hoping that I will some time this summer. :)

Googled biker forum and this is the one that came up. I have joined others, but the people are not as friendly and the post count is a lot lower. The only bad point is that my ideal forum would have loads of 25 year old blonde ex bikini models who have discovered bikeing and need a ride out partner. Cobbz just isnt the same. :(

I joined this forum a little while ago when I was doing my CBT and then forgot about it while I changed jobs… I am doing DAS as we speak and while reading through some of the rubbish on the MCN forum I thought “I can’t be doing with this” and remembered I had once registered on here! SO I came back!

I like forums but some people join them and you can tell they are on a hundred other forums and make pointless posts (kind of like this ha!). I read a post on MCN and it was someone moaning about how poo life was and I was so shocked at how open this person was It almost scared me off. Suppose it did actually! If someone can be that open on a forum where they don’t know WHO will read their life story, I don’t really want to be a part of it.

I’m here to learn about bikes, learn from other peoples experiences, maybe jump in on a few rideouts and possibly make a mate or two along the way. I’m certainly not looking for spiritual guidance like some people on forums are looking for.

I’m surprised at how un-hinged some people are and how open they are about it. Forums should be light hearted and fun!!

Spanks

Tank

good luck with you DAS

where abouts in north yorkshire are you ? theres a few members in the yorkshire area be good to know so you can hook up for ride outs etc :)

Now then Stu,

Yeh I am in Malton mate and I will defnitely be up for a rideout once I get the DAS nailed. I have my theory tomorrow so once thats nailed and I can get some time from work to do Mod1 & 2 will be happy days!

Where abouts are you?

Sorry for threadjack kids.. wont do it again! :booty:

:cheers: