Is NC700X 2012 EURO5 compliant?

Sphere

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

Boring post I'm afraid 😙

I can't seem to find any emissions data for the NC700 or NC750 models.

Does anyone know whether they're EURO5 compliant? Or only models after a certain year?

Cheers

From Bennetts

For 2021 it’s been given a ground-up makeover to make an even more tempting proposition.

A redesigned chassis and engine mean that despite meeting Euro 5 emissions rules the 2021 its lighter.... 

6 hours ago, fastbob said:

Pardon my ignorance but why does it matter ? 

It doesn't. The Euro 5 only applies to most 2020 models on wards until Euro 6 comes in.

This article gives a decent explanation,   https://www.motorcycle.com/features/what-you-need-to-know-about-euro-5-emission-standards-for-motorcycles.html

Edited by dynax

2 hours ago, Bender said:

If you live somewhere with an impending clean air zone and you don't want to change your bike again when they change the rules? 

Yeah it's this.

EURO emissions standards were only intended for newly manufactured bikes, but they're always used for ULEZ criteria - i.e. can you drive in a certain zone without being charged £12.50 per day...

So if you pick up a used EURO3 but not EURO4 bike, you might find (but can't predict) that in a couple or a few years not only has the zone expanded but the emissions standard has been bumped too.

Just because a bike was manufactured in a year when the standard was say EURO3, it could well comply with EURO4/5 standards, even though those standards only came about later.

It's a good job it's not retrospective although I expect that's on the cards in the next few decades . Having ridden near the back of a convoy of 30+ Harleys on a summer evening I can report that the fumes made me nauseous and caused my eyes to sting . Still a good laugh though . 

IMG_20210714_201315341.jpg

2 hours ago, fastbob said:

It's a good job it's not retrospective although I expect that's on the cards in the next few decades . Having ridden near the back of a convoy of 30+ Harleys on a summer evening I can report that the fumes made me nauseous and caused my eyes to sting . Still a good laugh though . 

If LJ54 is yours @fastbob it will cost you £12.50 per day to drive inside the North and South circular roads in London. The ULEZ areas are catching more and more vehicles. Birmingham are introducing this as well. Not sure if this is why J&S have moved outside the zone.

3 hours ago, fastbob said:

HD riders kit check list. 

Open face helmet, dark glasses (to look cool or be anonymous), denim cut off, leather chaps and gloves, and a gas mask (for riding in convoy with other HDs') 😂

5 hours ago, Sphere said:

Just because a bike was manufactured in a year when the standard was say EURO3, it could well comply with EURO4/5 standards, even though those standards only came about later.

But it would still only be a Euro 3 bike. 

Our lez is supposed to be rolling out this year but I think private cars are going to be exempt, we had a questionnaire and the upshot was just about everyone said if they imposed it on cars they would just find another route ie a1, the a1 can't cope with the traffic it's got at rush hour as it is. 

I'm sure it will get bigger and stricter as time goes on. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bender said:

Our lez is supposed to be rolling out this year but I think private cars are going to be exempt, we had a questionnaire and the upshot was just about everyone said if they imposed it on cars they would just find another route ie a1, the a1 can't cope with the traffic it's got at rush hour as it is. 

I'm sure it will get bigger and stricter as time goes on. 

You’re not Newcastle based by any chance are you? 😂

• Haha 1