Anyone else not bothering to ride just polishing with a beer

Stingy1

Not sure why, find excuses not to get the 955i out nowdays. Tried other bikes and got bored after few weeks , GSXR , ZX7R etc. Used to drool at Ducatis etc. Now I could buy one I know I wouldn't use it. Hence done about 200 miles in three or more yrs, time to move on and sell? It's a bloody nice bike but can't motivate myself! Polish it , ride to MOT , store it and so it goes on . 12k miles and new stuff all over bet it's worth a bit to someone.....PXL_20220307_145643875.thumb.jpg.cfdb6f798ddcfbf86ee6513d9a2665c2.jpg

Edited by Stingy1

Hiya Stingy Steve, shame you’re thinking of selling, surely a few hours of guilt free B road thrashing would change your mind?

If your still local to Cov & want a ride out drop me a PM.

If not I’ll give you £1500 for it 😛

Ha that's been a while. . . Might ride to Bourton on the water again. Unfortunately it would take 3500 for me to sell it. Will try motivate myself. Spent loads on it , carbon bits , tyres , screen , exhaust , rearsets , levers, new helmet, etc etc . It's just making the effort. Never used to be. 

Ah, the MCN forum days. Fun ......Ma Larkin's etc. I actually rode there and back forgetting I was pissed from an until 2am session, and had 2 pints there too. Idiotic. But made it back , somehow , remember abusive hand signals off cars coming other way. That must be prob 8 yr ago ! 

• Haha 1

Not sure. Used to find excuse to , now gone lethargic and find excuse not to. Like , can't be bothered to put gear on etc. Never thought would be like this. Even MOT ran out last November and can't find the motivation. I'm sure it will come back. 

Though , five yrs ago I got married. Think it's been slow decline since then , even though I'm free to do what I want still. Not sure . Maybe if I got a KH 750 Kwak , if I can afford , I wouldn't leave it alone! Or even a KH500....... Hmmm :-)

On 18/05/2022 at 21:07, Stingy1 said:

Ha that's been a while. . . Might ride to Bourton on the water again. Unfortunately it would take 3500 for me to sell it. Will try motivate myself. Spent loads on it , carbon bits , tyres , screen , exhaust , rearsets , levers, new helmet, etc etc . It's just making the effort. Never used to be. 

Saw a stocker in really good nick (same colour, 21k no flash parts ) at Stratford Autojumble at the weekend for £2500

I'll be honest , I was starting to feel a bit jaded about getting out on my GSXR . Not only that , I was really missing getting the spanners out and getting my hands dirty . So I bought a horribly neglected ER5 to do up . I was going to sell it but I found myself really enjoying riding it . So much so that I ended up touring Scotland on it ( Twice ) . It was while trundling along at a nice 70mph in the Highlands that it dawned on me ( Apologies to those who know what's coming ) I wouldn't be going much faster if I had three times the power . So that was it . I bought a Harley . Originally I was set on getting a 1450 Dyna glide but my research led me to a 1200 Sportster . And I've never looked back ..

Polish_20220524_184053821.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent. I need a new motivation. But rather leave triumph in garage than sell cheap, that can stay under a dust sheet another ten yrs. Will find something that interests me again. Figured out that when I have nothing left to do to something, it's like a finished jigsaw puzzle. Pack it away and maybe again in few yrs. I wouldn't buy a stocker like mine again because they look pants. Mine looks the part now and will in ten yrs when pull cover off. 

That GSXR in above pics, funnily enough, was the type I was thinking would interest me. An 1100. But would prob last two weeks before thinking "why have I" . In fact a kh500 will do as all I would do is around the block. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2022 at 19:58, Stingy1 said:

That GSXR in above pics, funnily enough, was the type I was thinking would interest me. An 1100. But would prob last two weeks before thinking "why have I" . In fact a kh500 will do as all I would do is around the block. 

A GSXR 1100 will take you a hundred miles from home before you've decided where you're going . You can do a four day tour of Scotland and find yourself back at home wondering what happened and what to do with the rest of the holiday . Speed and power are mostly about marketing but I realized this 30 years too late . 

Edited by fastbob
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Well, I restored a GT 380 and love stinking out the streets with 2 stroke fumes . And swapped my T595 for a mint 2002 748s. What a deal , did it without seeing it in person as they were 120 miles away. Likewise they hadn't seen my t595 (955i) and they were happy too. Even though the Ducati worth over double I would say. But it's rekindled my interest. Something to polish with a beer! Daily! Must ride it again though.....

• Like 2