Tomtom 550 properties

Ian Frog

Hi I am sort of aiming this at @Stu because I think he uses one.

My question is I am taking a fairly long trip on mostly A roads and I don`t require guidance as it`s a route I have used dozens of times, however I want to know if it is feasible to have the Tomtom just turned on and take advantage of the warning of upcoming speed cameras that may have been installed whilst I wan`t using the route regularly.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Mike I get that but all these apps and navs seem to require you to have a route entered which is something I am not doing.

The route I am taking is East West and doesn`t quite conform to what Google, Waze Etal think is the right way, so without having to input loads of waypoints I just would like to monitor the road up ahead and I am not sure if my sat nav will do that.

Cheers

Ian

Speaking from experience, make sure you have the latest camera update loaded. When I got a summons to court, (for not informing plod who was riding my 500 at the time) I had apparently broken the speed limit just outside Boston, on the way to skeggy, a route I used numerous times in a year. There was no warnings on my TomTom smart 50 as I had not updated it, and generally used it in case of diversions