What with the weather as it is now (and for the future too) , I want to get some Summer Boots.  I don't like the old-school look, or the track-day look - just something that looks a bit normal when walking about, and decent ventilation.

I quite like the look of these (the highest rated on SportsBikeShop) but they haven't got my size in stock (42) -Richa Slick Waterproof Boots - Black

Has anyone got any recommendations.  Googling and looking on Youtube has totally put me in a spin..

I've a pair of Merlin boots, they have outlast in them which helps keep you cooler in summer and warm in winter. I've had them for about 2 years and they have done a great job in all weather. 

Edited by daveinlim

Have you thought about the military combat boots style. Me and wife each have a pair high leg combat boots. They have a fully sealed tongue and are waterproof to a reasonable extent, obviously not to the point of a deluge but for summer riding, especially over here they are perfect. They are also very comfortable for walking around in when not on the bike. We got ours from a military surplus website in the uk about 3yrs ago and they cost about £25 a pair. Prior to these I'd always worn the Magnum combat boot in the summer which are super comfy straight from the box given I'd always worn these when in the RAF I knew what I was getting, but at around £150 a pair and getting them was becoming a problem, we opted for the surplus route.

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

I have the forma adventure boot and can say it's well made and super comfy

+1 for that comment my Forma adventure boots are about 3 years old now and I can`t fault them.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

Good to know Ian I got mine the end of spring ill be commuting over the winter and they will be perfect some rural and urban roads one road in particular had a tenancy to flood my richa commuters do fine as long as I coat them with renapur the formas should be more up to the job