Anne sacoolas pleads guilty

billy sugger

All concerned parties have apparently already agreed there would be no custodial sentence. A moral win for the family though and possibly a hook to hang financial compensation on although I don't think that's their aim.

44 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

All concerned parties have apparently already agreed there would be no custodial sentence. A moral win for the family though and possibly a hook to hang financial compensation on although I don't think that's their aim.

Compo has also been sorted already, although no amount could compensate for loss of a child. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

My view is it was an immoral act to flee the country, and for it then to be claimed she had diplomatic immunity because her husband was a "government agent" 

Agree, they claimed she was also a spy, good to see the special relationship alive and well 🤔 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

I wonder if the yanks are still after the young chap that had asperger syndrome and hacked a US website looking for proof that aliens exist? Proves the "special relationship" is one sided

No that was on purpose. 

44 minutes ago, onesea said:

@Six30   he got to many morals and says it as it is. Who would want a PM like that.

im up for it ... first policy would be every Tuesday all vehicles would be banned from using the roads except motorbikes

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Edited by Six30
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Six30 said:

im up for it ... first policy woudl be every Tuesday all vehicles would be banned from using the roads except motorbikes

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

I meant Anna fuckoolas but @Six30 you'd get my vote, purely on the basis that's an honest policy, I think you'd stick to.

17 minutes ago, Blackholesun said:

Horrible woman Should have accepted her guilt and faced up to it years ago.hoepfully any compensation the family get will cover all their legal bills they may have had over the years.

Deal for compo was sorted last year

I know she has now accepted responsibility, but I think it was forced out of her. 

From the ouset, she appeared not to be sorry in any shape or form. We all understand it was an accident, she didn't deliberately drive into the poor lad, it was an error of judgment. So, if she had any kind of conscience she would have stayed and answered for her actions in a honest, timely manner, which would have helped ease some of the family's suffering. 

Instead, after initially talking to the police, saying she wasn't going anywhere the next day she is back in good ol USA, spouting diplomatic immunity bullshit to avoid taking any responsibility for the accident. Kudos to Harry's family for keeping up their attempts to get justice

• Like 2

On 21/10/2022 at 18:37, Bender said:

It was but she didn't set out to kill him, the hacker set out to hack them. 

That's just a matter of timing. The intent is the same.

41 minutes ago, DJP said:

No, but I think that she made off from the accident on purpose.

I don't think that was in doubt, fooking off from the scene of an accident should have a bigger sentence than causing the accident in the first place

• Like 2

I believe there has been a lot of bargaining going on behind the scenes. She was never going to face any kind of sentence I think the family were told what they were willing to go with and told take that or lump it. The annoying thing is she won't suffer any additional penalty for running away and not taking accountability for years.  What she did seems like a genuine accident there was no intent and  I've actually driven on the wrong side of the road abroad myself. If she had stayed and faced the concequences with a decent lawyer she probably would have got what she will get now but without the years of heartbreak she caused Harry's family. That's the sad part that she was a coward and hid behind her husbands credentials putting that family through further hell while they were dealing with the loss of thier son. 😡

Edited by Spongefinger
  • Like 4