Carvenal Gloves - Dangerous and Illegal

daveinlim

I've just watched a video from Bennetts on YouTube about Carvenal Gloves. I've seen their ads several times on Facebook. Something about their ads always screamed scam to me so I never went near them but Bennetts have done some research and it looks pretty bad. Seems that if you have these you'd be better off throwing them in the bin.

• Like 1

Why anyone would buy gloves off a facebook advert I will never know! 

I would only ever buy online from a reputable dealer like Sportsbikeshop or buy going in store to a local store 

There is a scary amount of fake/inferior quality "protective" clothing out there 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Why anyone would buy gloves off a facebook advert I will never know! 

The simple answer is money and experience.

When the sales man in the shop is hell bent on selling you above your budget. The size you want in your budget isn't available. 

The slick professional advert, with easy quick delivery,  becomes attractive.

It's no different to the pikey selling a new drive or the telephone con men.

Someone is going to get mugged...

I know many here don't do FB but if you start searching for something, you will get adverts for that item.

The more you search the more you get, click bate and your off.

Recently I bought a SUP, I did my homework size shape etc.  By the time I had decided what I wanted the ads had become so intense, I could hardly identify between quality brand, cheap rubbish genuine sites and the copy sites.

• Like 2

Me & the missus have RST jackets & trousers plus I have a pair of RST touring gloves all of which we bought from MSG BikeGear who we have dealt with for a number of years.

We have never had an issue with quality or fit with any of our clothing etc and giving this we tend to stick with RST. Also if the "boss" is happy with the quality and price then it's a winner on all fronts.