TMBF RALLY 2023 !!!!!!!!!!!

Grumpy Old Git

3 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

I take it Notts/ Derby sort of area is preferable being central ish?

I know of a possibility but it`s in North Beds even though it does have the space for camping.

Cheers

Ian

Middle of the country makes sense I guess. All my camping gear is packed in a dry bag ready for the warmer weather 

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

That's very local for me about a 20 minute ride. I'm sure @renniewill be able to also say rhere are plenty of great local places to visit 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

It was called "The St Johns Arms" in Melchbourne North Beds MK44 1BG I believe.

I haven`t been there in the last few years but happy to do some on the ground research if needed !

Cheers

Ian

Still there but no website. Google maps does not show any camping?

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Enjoyed that place however, did we not have an 'issue' with use of the 'function room'?

Just now, Stu said:

No that was miners 

The real issue with the Miners was the ever increasing price of the beer - As the evening wore on, the price went up!

At Half-Way, we tried to eject 'locals' from the 'function room' but it took ages!

'Half-Way would get my vote (of those two).

I contacted the local Rugby Club (Huntingdon Racecourse) and although they were 'up for it', there is a car boot every weekend which takes up the field we could use for camping. Good function room (free!) good bar but no breakfast/evening meal. Hotel virtually on site but not cheap!

I'll keep looking. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

The real issue with the Miners was the ever increasing price of the beer - As the evening wore on, the price went up!

At Half-Way, we tried to eject 'locals' from the 'function room' but it took ages!

'Half-Way would get my vote (of those two).

I contacted the local Rugby Club (Huntingdon Racecourse) and although they were 'up for it', there is a car boot every weekend which takes up the field we could use for camping. Good function room (free!) good bar but no breakfast/evening meal. Hotel virtually on site but not cheap!

I'll keep looking. 

We had the same issue at the miners with the function room! people just wouldn't leave :lol: 

I think miners is under new management 

A function room is not essential as just a meet up and a drink in a pub would be good enough for me! 

I spent 3 hours looking last night and was getting nothing :? 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 30/12/2022 at 19:31, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

If the date worked I'd be up for it. Probably wishful thinking due to me working weekends though. 

As the weekend one seems to be date and location less. 

Would others be interested in a simple week day meet.

@rennie seems to like the idea.

My suggestions: 

1) Set Date: mutually convenient to all.

2) June? Ish Outside school holidays,

3) Campsite with pub - depending some one throwing in cheap accommodation.

4) 2 nights ? Group ride on middle day (if we get on :D ).

5) Location Some where in the middle for all, on the basis depending on weather you can make long ride or short ride to get there.

If others like the idea maybe we should start a thread on its own.

From my point of view, I plan on a couple of nights camping round that time, quite happy to go on own.  I normally decide last minute and follow the weather, however it’s nice to meet and ride with others as well.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1