TMBF Rally Accommodation

Stu

TMBF Rally Accommodation   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Given the option please choose if you would camp B&B or Camping pod for "roughing" it at a rally

• Camp
    • B&B
    • Camping Pod
    • Whatever is available I'm not a wimp

I would like to attend this. I haven’t accompanied other bikers much. I fear I’m a bit slow. I’m not crazy slow. But I worry about it. I read this forum and I feel I have a lot in common with others. And so hopefully I would like to tag along

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

I would like to attend this. I haven’t accompanied other bikers much. I fear I’m a bit slow. I’m not crazy slow. But I worry about it. I read this forum and I feel I have a lot in common with others. And so hopefully I would like to tag along

I have the attitude that the slower you go the more you see (within reason). Some nice twisty roads don't need masses of speed to enjoy them. With enough notice I'll be looking to come along and I'll be in no rush to get anywhere!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

I have the attitude that the slower you go the more you see (within reason). Some nice twisty roads don't need masses of speed to enjoy them. With enough notice I'll be looking to come along and I'll be in no rush to get anywhere!

I appreciate this response. I think that in my earlier incarnation of biking I was probably stupid fast. These days I’m quite slow. But having said that I would like to go out on any ride outs 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

I appreciate this response. I think that in my earlier incarnation of biking I was probably stupid fast. These days I’m quite slow. But having said that I would like to go out on any ride outs 

I think that is just what you do when you were younger I was the same. Soaking in the views etc is my source of enjoyment now rather than speeding around and points get expensive. That's why My favourite routes are like the elan Valley and Derbyshire peaks etc not particularly fast roads but with great views and nice twisties 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

For me the key issue is dates and location rather than accommodation.  I'd need a lot of advance notice to get a weekend free. But if I can't I might just do the Saturday.  

The trouble is actually finding something that will meet all the needs! its so hard to find a place that has B&B's camping and a pub too! 

2 hours ago, Davidtav said:

I wouldn't worry

If we do have one it usually entails turning up Friday and getting pissed all weekend 

We do a rideout on the Saturday but there is no pressure to go out its mainly all about the social aspect rather than riding around :thumb: 

21 hours ago, Stu said:

Trying to look at venues for a rally if you would be willing to come along what sort of accommodation would you prefer? 

I'd like to stay with you 🥰😍😛

50 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

For me the key issue is dates and location rather than accommodation.  I'd need a lot of advance notice to get a weekend free. But if I can't I might just do the Saturday.  

Date is prob my biggest issue but one has to be picked it's a binary choice after that 😁