Coming back to bikes..

Overrun

Hi all, just thought I would ask here about which bike to get after a long gap to try and help me make up my mind.

I have only ridden two bikes ever. A crappy 125 for a year back when I was like 18. Then when I was in my early 20s I borrowed a Honda CBR1000F for a couple of months. I loved the thing although it was a bit heavy at 250kg. Since then, I always wanted to get a something with a bit of grunt.

Then 30 years went by somehow but I still have the urge. I am looking for something which is fun to ride, not too tall as I am only 5’6. I won’t be commuting just riding occasionally for the hell of it but don’t want anything too track focused either.

I was thinking along the lines of a GSXR 600 as a 1000 might be a bit spicy but suggestions welcome. I am also looking at other types like touring/cruiser etc but I might go to them if I find a racer too uncomfortable in the long term.

Plenty of top class middle weight nakeds out there you might want to consider as well, like the mt07, street triple, z750. More grunt than a gixxer 600, less scary than a 1000. And more road focused too.

Z900 or Triumph Trident 660.  One of the guys I go on ride outs with has just bought a Triumph and it seems a pretty capable bike, same as you, he returned to biking about eight or nine months ago.  I test rode a newer Z900 and to be honest, although it wasn't for me, it was actually a cracking bike to ride, just not the friendliest of bikes for two up touring.

• Like 1

If you're 5'6" have a look at a Triumph Bobber. Very low slung which means it has a low centre of gravity. With the 1200 hi torque engine that makes them very chuckable in the bends. Just depends if the style suits you.

They are totally impractical though. Single seat. No luggage capacity. 

• 1 month later...
On 09/02/2023 at 15:13, manxie49 said:

Z900 or Triumph Trident 660.  One of the guys I go on ride outs with has just bought a Triumph and it seems a pretty capable bike, same as you, he returned to biking about eight or nine months ago.  I test rode a newer Z900 and to be honest, although it wasn't for me, it was actually a cracking bike to ride, just not the friendliest of bikes for two up touring.

Cheers Manxie, I had never heard of a Z900 until you suggested it and I was really close to getting one but in the end for some reason I ordered a ZXR6. So many good things said about it, maybe if I end up with back ache I will change to the Z900 or another that I came close to getting  was the Suzuki GSXS 1000F

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dude ,if i was you i would invest in another cbr1000f my 96 model is still  fun to ride ,a few immaculate ones kickin about for about £2-£2500 old pic of mine shes had a new seat and stuff since but still a joy to ride

IMG_20220202_121326.jpg

• Like 2