Screen coming on without key present

Gibbo

Hi all,

I've had my Yamaha YS125 (2019) for around a year now. The previous owner said it went over in strong wind so it had scuffs but no major damage when I purchased it.

After a heavy downpour I noticed condensation behind the screen which I dried out but has returned. The screen now intermittently comes on as if it's in the start up sequence during ignition, without the key being present.

Any ideas what this could be? I've isolated the battery for now. 

Hopefully this link will work.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oREbzJCLewaWWfDn9

5 hours ago, Old-codger said:

I seem to think I have read this problem before that it is a common problem of water getting into the binnicle and all manner of strange things happen to the electrical circuits.

Yup water and electricity don't mix well when it's not designed for it, I had a boiler pcb with water in it, turned off when turned on, ran the heating when hot water was called for, on heating it fired the burner but not the pump and all of that only with it in the off position 😂 hair dryer is good way to dry out electrical stuff. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Old-codger said:

Once you have dried it out try and find where the moisture is getting in and seal it up.

Or put a hole so it can drain out, Hobsons choice IMHO.  Just make hole is not where water can get forced in.