Course Raider 2 helmet.

Hi all.

Ive manged to break the visor latch on the above. Checked with supplier and no spares at present. Im hoping to keep using the helmet with goggles.

With the visor off it looks similar to a motocross helmet without a peak. Any goggles users out there. I wear specs so I want some thing that will over the opening and not inside it.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards. Granty.

Road helmets like that You may struggle to find ones that will fit inside like a motorcrosser as the aperture is very narrow and closed in near the eys /temples plus adding glasses.

to fit over it it would need to be massive and very flexible to fit around the contour of the helmet even then id think it wouldnt seal well. 

By the time you've spent looking and checking what may fit you might be better off looking for a spare helmet from a better known brand with better availability of parts.

• Like 1

Sorry but thats the advice of experience.

Now Just to be clear and i would would advise against it but you do see people do it especially flip front helmets. you could still use the helmet at slow speeds in summer on hot days, just with your glasses as its nothing illegal about it but just not the best idea as glasses are not impact resistant or particularly shatterproof if a stone gets fired at you..

Yes to a point but not entirely, if the helmet brand was bigger with better stocking it wouldnt be aproblem.

if you go with a better known brand (Ft,hjc, lazer, nolan, ls2, mt to name a few) youll have a better chance of spares if you go breaking it again.

avoid fancy tat and stick with their budget range which to be honest aint bad but you would be just pay a lot more for less returns on the product you paid for. 

its more like make sure your buying into something that you know what to expect out of it.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, rennie said:

:classic_biggrin:I've moved this to the correct section.

There is no real need to use the report function to make us aware of things like this

1 of us would probably have done it eventually:thumb:

I disagree I think user engagement is to be encouraged 😁

• Haha 1