Mikey's Meet now arranged for 28-06-2009

Anyone good with a camera. It might be nice to get a good group pickie with Mikey and Lori centre stage so to speak. Would be nice to get framed for the mantle piece. Thats if we don`t scare the hell out of them :D :D Were not really scary Lori :wink:

I`ve a framing shop in my village if this helps.

Just spoke to the fundraising lady at the hospice and said what the plans are.. she wants to get the local paper there to go to willy woods to take a pic so I said 12.45/1 ish onwards for that and she also wants lincs echo to come to mine to take a pic for those who are able to come to mine etc and asked what sort of time that would be, I said i didnt know but would ask you peeps for ideas :) It is about 12/15 miles from woods to mine and bear in mind that with a car in your midst (with me driving lol) you wont get there as soon as you may without me PMSL

Am sending her a statement (ooo thats formal lol) from Vicki. ALl good stuff as vicki said... positive for the forum, hospice and bikers in general.

They at the hospice like me are so pleased and grateful for this!! Apparently first sunday in august they are doing a ride out from willy woods for the hospice to cleethorpes.. and gonna be about 400 bikes for that!! they were keeping it a secret from me cos they're hoping to get mikey involved with it to meet some racing chappy (sorry, cant remember name) but thought had better tell me as they'll be bringing some leaflets about it to give to anyone who is interested to join in.

Hope this is making sense!?!

Lori... once u get info on the ride in August let me know, and we can put together a new thread for that... see if we cant get over 400 bikers there :)

Awwww I cant make this I have other commitments that day :( but I will glady donate a grubby fiver :D

Cool... can u either send a cheque payable to The Motorbike Forum to me, or via the paypal donate button.

Im gutted I cant make it either... damn having to go ASSEN! lol

*comes out of the garage from tinkering heavily with my bike*

Ive been working on it to manage long trips. I want to be able to do this and its 125 miles away which isnt too bad especially seeing as its such a good cause.

I should be able to manage the 28th as its a sunday but if its raining unfortunately I wont be able to attend as my bike suffers greatly from the rain and will just conk out so ill be physically unable to attend if thats the case :(

Hopefully it will be a day of golden sunshine :D

Me and Stephen are definitely coming now, yay! I'm sure it'll be a fantastic day and Mikey will have a blast seeing all the bikes :D

Stephen's just trying to make me wear his absolutely huge textile trousers to come up there in since I don't have trousers or boots of my own yet, ugh.

Fantastic!! can't wait to meet you all... get little butterflies (the good sort lol) everytime I envisage how much Mikey is going to be buzzing :D

Just spoke to the fundraising lady at the hospice and said what the plans are.. she wants to get the local paper there to go to willy woods to take a pic so I said 12.45/1 ish onwards for that and she also wants lincs echo to come to mine to take a pic for those who are able to come to mine etc and asked what sort of time that would be, I said i didnt know but would ask you peeps for ideas :) It is about 12/15 miles from woods to mine and bear in mind that with a car in your midst (with me driving lol) you wont get there as soon as you may without me PMSL

quote]

and just highlighting the above bit as still dont know what to tell her :)

Hospice have also suggested that they may be able to get their hospice minibus to come and get me and mikey...take us to the woods and then bring us back with you peeps... not sure on this yet... i like the idea as means less faffing about putting his wheelchair up and down and means i can enjoy watching mikey on the run rather than worrying about going too fast/slow lol and also obviously the bus has the hospice logo on it... just trying to work out in my mind whether mikey will see more from that or from the car. He tends to associate mini buses with school buses so dont want him thinking he's off to school LOL Thinking anyway...

Me and Stephen are definitely coming now, yay! I'm sure it'll be a fantastic day and Mikey will have a blast seeing all the bikes :D

Stephen's just trying to make me wear his absolutely huge textile trousers to come up there in since I don't have trousers or boots of my own yet, ugh.

woop! Another couple of younguns, i thought i was gona be stuck with all the oldies :P (love you all really)

woop! Another couple of younguns, i thought i was gona be stuck with all the oldies :P (love you all really)

aye who you calling 'oldies' :shock: i aint that bloody old thankyou very much cheeky :lol:

Is there anyway we can identify ourselves as being there for Mikey rather than just being there? Maybe T Shirts or something over the top of the leathers or something attached to the bike like a teddy bear.

i am going to have basil brush on my pillion seat and my bike isnt missable :) if lori goes in the bus cant say anyone would miss that either :) nor can i see there being many vectra s there as long as its parked in the big car park dont think anyone will get lost :) saying that some of us like me are meeting at the pub first