TMBF 2011 Rally! W/e of 16th July - chat & gossip thread!!

Guest Dan

I can’t believe this! I just got my local garage to sort me a tire for £20. Its part worn but he says plenty left on it and it will get me by for a couple of 1000 miles until he can source my normal one/type (he says its best to have same compound on both tires).

I go to ride to my 2nd school and the bike starts first time as always but the second I put it in gear it cuts out. I check the side stand and ofc it’s up and all should be fine. Call my guy again and he says your switch is gone, trace it back disconnect it and stick a paper clip in both holes. Well at this point I feel really smart as I always have a paper clip in my tank bag. Said paper clip installed and now the bike does not cut our when put in gear.

As soon as I go to release the clutch it stops again! Ring guy back and he sounds confused but tells me again to disconnect a switch next to my clutch and short it out.

Long story short, I cut the paper clip in half, one half to the side stand one half to the clutch and yay I can ride again!

What is the chance of 2 switches and a tire failing in one morning!!!!!!!!

Taking it to the garage at 4pm to have tire fitted and god knows about the 2 switches.

Rideout will be leaving sometime between 12 and 1, depending how people are. Willow and I will be on site from about 12 I expect.

What is the chance of 2 switches and a tire failing in one morning!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just that. Sorry Gareth I admit i did laugh at your bad luck.

PS Don't forget to put fuel in it

Guest philgale

For the people going Friday I'm doing darley moor track day Friday morning poss all day, it's only round corner from camp site if people fancy a visit

Really want to come however the rain is going to kill me. After riding 2 weeks and been on a motorway for less than 10 miles i don't think i can physically last 187 miles in the rain (forecast-ed for friday and saturday). Will suck not being able to come but i have to think about my safety over anything.

No i am not being a wimp regarding the rain. Waterproofs only last so long! That leads to you getting cold and sad and eventually you will crash! Simple fact.

Have fun!

No i am not being a wimp regarding the rain.

dont worry about it as you said its no fun in the rain just keep an eye open for a spot of sun if we get any and fly up :lol:

Yeah. Bumble this is exactly what i was thinking. Was going to meet you however it still doesn't miss the point of riding in the rain for over 3 hours. It stills extremely dangerous. Will you still go if its raining bumble?

Ben

(i am really bummed im not going. If there was another solution to not riding in the rain i would come.)

don't get too bummed out yet - it's not definite it'll rain :D

even if it's light rain at your end, it might be dry for the majority of the ride, and you might feel up to it. light rain isn't too bad, plenty of tea stops to warm up and i'm sure you'd be fine. obviously down to what you feel confident with.

but don't rule out the rally yet, you know what british weather forecasting is like :lol:

i will ride if its light rain, if it was torrential rain i will take the car at late notice,

i will just stick a fleece over my leathers/textiles prob wont do alot though, i dont want to get freezing cold either,

i agree its a long ride but i see theres some people that have even further than us and they are braving the rain,

lets hope the sun comes out for us for at least the journey there and back,

Right ppl

Come rain or shine

I'm still bringing my bike on a braked 3 bike trailer, as the missus doesn't drive or do pillion, so there's room for two more if anyone hits a problem that's travelling my route.........there or back 8-)

Ill be setting off on Friday around 1430hrs (ish) once the missus has finished work and we have loaded up :)

This is my route

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Southsea+PO4+8LL&daddr=The+Miners+Standard,+Bank+Top,+Matlock&hl=en&sll=51.965615,-1.429535&sspn=4.42776,11.634521&geocode=FQcNBwMdQhjw_ymPZYTaXVx0SDHWB7pB52lvzg%3BFUvWKgMdNuPm_ynHisYDPyd6SDH3QWBs_YS6lQ&mra=ls&z=7

Mobile number is in contacts or pm me tommorrow if you want it, just in case :wink:

Ben

If you decide to follow us up and it gets too much load the bike on the trailer........ :cheers:

Yeah! it's only water, it's not going to rain non-stop the whole

weekend! we'll be fine!

Phil I'll be driving right past Darley Moor!

won't be stopping though! I've got a date :cheers: :lol:

Just watched the bbc weatherview on the telly. They are predicting rain friday, heavy rain sat and showers sunday. So it looks like it's going to be sunny all weekend then! (last week they predicted rain for one day, heavy rain but it turned out to be one of the nicest days we have had down here so far!)