Band For The Next TMBF Rally....

Paul

So I was thinking after the rally about next years one. How about getting a band together to play a few songs. Idea is get some interest on here, see who can play what, so looking for a bass player, guitarist (rhythm or lead.), keyboard, sax etc. I can drum and for the vocals I was thinking of whoever wants to sing can get up and sing with the band (like a 'live' karaoke). Thinking of around 7 tracks to cover which can be suggested here and decided on between us. For practise we can do this at home and meet up the night before the rally to go through the set for real. Vicky's son Jack has a band so maybe they could do a set first then our band have a go later, this means all the gear will be there with them.

This is not intended to replace the Karaoke, I was thinking this could be done the night after (or before) to go with the disco.

So, if you can play and plan on attending next years rally then stick your name down here what you can play and maybe suggest a few tracks for on the night.

This has been ok'd with Vicki so there is no problem there.

Over to you guys, what can you play and suggestions for songs.

I'll start, add your name to the list.

DP - Drummer

i would love to volunteer and i think its a great idea but you can get stuffed if you think i am staying sober long enough to play my keyboard, plus i wouldn't be able to get it on my bike lol.

i sing badly but if there are not enough volunteers for that i will do it, may be me n roy can do Paradise by the dashboard light again :)

Jethro Tull - Too old to rock and roll - see lyrics in signature.

Bob can play guitar (I can a bit but I'm rubbish!) but transport on bikes a bit difficult - guitars are a bit of a personal thing so I'm not too sure about playing someone else's (unless it was a Les Paul Gold top, Custom Strat etc... :love: :love:) - OK, could work!!!

I can sing if that's any use.

You bring your own gear!

Not all of us come in Mondeo's to bike events :roll: :wink:

Hey Pinky, It was a camping weekend, not a 'bike event' and if I hadn't of taken the car then Gin or Cat couldn't have made it.

Whats with the 'rolleyes' smiley?

You bring your own gear! Or, as Vicki suggested, Jack's band could play so they willl have all the kit there.

Woah! I suggested Jacks band could play, but not that you could use their gear lol.... and probs just be a cd backing of the drums as wouldnt be able to get them there :)

Bloody good idea...logistical nightmare!!!

I presume the rally will be at the same location? If so,is there a local music hire shop or would the pub know of a band?

.....just a thought 