Plans and resolutions for 2012

Throttled

Got any plans or resolutions for 2012?

I like a project and getting a bike licence was the most recent. Other projects over the past few years have been teaching myself to solder, hifi and my headphone collection and learning basic computing skills. I don't resolve to do stuff as I prefer to go with the flow and not force targets on myself.

This year my plans are to do all the Scottish tags for forum's UK Challenge 100+ and get back into camping again (which I did a lot 20 years ago).

So what are you thinking of?

Iceland in January... take the kids for a week away together before son goes to uni.... try not to cry and miss Jack too much when he goes to uni..... try not to kill my daughter..... have more patience and less weight :)

Get on the bandit

Do a ride of at least 200 miles in one go.

Depending on when my mum has her transplant, this will either be from plymouth to oxford and back 185 miles each way, so 370 total (possibly staying at a B&B in Oxford, and possibly going home the very long way to see friends at uni) 386 round trip if I go Via Weymouth, or just go via Bristol with a total of 362 miles, but its all motorway :(

Or if I dont go to Oxford, I will go to Lands end (most westerly point of mainland UK), then to the Lizard (most southerly point of the UK) stopping off at a couple of seaside villages with an aprox mileage of 230 :D

I also plan to find out the bikes top speed whilst restrcited

Plan not to crash it!

Non bike related - Get a bloody job! <-- top of the list, but thought bike ones should be at the top on a bike forum

As I achievied my resolution last new year, I plan not to make one again this year.

I also intend to wake up every day for the next year and providing I do, live my life to the full. If however I do fail to wake one day at least I would have had a good year till that point.

Get in Marines, nearly there ^^

Buy my mother a tv!

Thats wierd. When i joined the Navy, i brought my Mum a new Telly :cheers:

Plans for 2012

I would like to..............

Do the Ironbutt challenge (1000 miles in 24 hours)

Go to France on the Bike

Go to That beach at the top of Scotland (skinny dipping)

Complete as many of the forum UK Challenge 100 places

Have fun and enjoy the year as much as i can

My plans hinge on whether I've passed the professional exams I sat in November, don't find out til the middle of January. If I've not passed I'll have resits in May which will take up most of my free time :(

Either way I plan to commute to work on my bike whenever it's not frosty or blowing a gale, since I live in Scotland I'm thinking that will be about 50% of the time if I'm lucky :lol: also hoping to meet some of you lovely people, though my attendance at bike meets will be limited if I haven't passed my exam!

I also plan not to make use of the crash bobbins I had fitted to my new bike, chances of this happening...slim to none.

Short term plan...sales shopping for waterproof bike gear on boxing day!

My cunning plan is coming along nicely. Progress has been made already and the plan is looking good! :D

Alsp planning to not meet Vicki irl, she'll just have to wonder a little longer... :wink: