TMBF Rally 2012 13/14th July chat thread

Stu

i think i'll have to do the 90 miles to the rally in my costume because my bike has less than no luggage space and no rails for borrowing my dads panniers :P

should be interesting 8-)

Just have a look for photos of previous...

be sitting down and suitably fortified first though :seeya:

Here's a link to some of them - scary eh?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39887

So is there a 'freshers' area for newbies to this rally lark.

we'll be the lame ones dressed normally it seems!!

whats the deal with bike parking, is it next to tents on the grass or on hard standing?

ta

Terry

whats the deal with bike parking, is it next to tents on the grass or on hard standing?

ta

Terry

There is a hardstanding at the bottom of the field behind the pub, and some tents get set up quite near to it. It's also not visible to the road which is pretty quiet anyway. You can take your bike up onto the field by your tent if you prefer, just remember to bring a puck or squashed can for your sidestand!

ta

Terry

Good to see you coming along Terry, you`ll know a few of us. As for being a newbie, load of tosh mate, we were all newbies a few years back and I`m sure you can pissed like the rest of us. :lol:

Does anyone happen to be traveling from the south-east? Meaning London/Berkshire/Surrey etc region?

I'm traveling from Berkshire myself and thought I'd try see who else there might be to do the journey up with!?

What way are you thinking of going? Tango(Bob) and me are riding over from Cambridgeshire but could join up further North. We won't be leaving until late afternoon/early evening on the Friday though because Bob can't get the Friday off work

What way are you thinking of going? Tango(Bob) and me are riding over from Cambridgeshire but could join up further North. We won't be leaving until late afternoon/early evening on the Friday though because Bob can't get the Friday off work

I'm not to bothered bout timings, though dylight hours re preferable.

in terms of route, my plan would have been something along the lines of avoid the m1 If you are Cambridgeshire region we could meet somewhere round Leicester and continue on from there?

or or since it seems on the way melton mowbray Hehe i hear the pork pies a pretty special :lol: :lol:

I have no particular timing plans and am leaving from Turves (near March A141) late PM Friday, intend on arriving to pitch up well before dark....

still need to look at route but no doubt it will be a mix up of a bit of mway to get to the good bits.....

Melton Mowbray is a possibility - the road between Stamford and Nottingham via Melton is pretty good. We'd prefer to avoid motorways but want to arrive in time to pitch the tent and have scoff and beers 8-)

Hmmmm, Beer :cheers:

Really starting to look forward to this now..... :wink:

Alternatively I could come up along the a1 which means a lot less motorway for me, and meet you guys around st Neots?

Just musing possibilities.

If you have a pre thought route lemme know and then I can see what matches best from my end and link up.

Although I was never confirmed for this, I now definitely cannot attend as it clashes with a beer festival back down south, so I am going to ride down there and spend some time with friends and family I haven't seen since last September. Hope you guys all have fun, and maybe I can make it to the next one!