TMBF Rally 2013 28th-30th june

Stu

I've finally got around to looking at my journey there. £78.50 return if I go in peak hours or £50.30 off peak. So Moo is going off peak which means the earliest I can get my first train is 10am to arrive at 12:30 - then I will get a cab or a bus if there is one from Derby train station to El Pubbo. :roll: NEXT YEAR I shall bike it!! Awful long journey from Cambridge on a 125 anyway without the added fear factor and the fact my bike is v uncomfortable for long journies! Poor Wallie travelling alone!

Cannot wait though :mrgreen:

It's a fair old Taxi ride from Derby to the venue! :lol:

If you get to the McD's on the ring road we'll pick you up on the way through.

You'll have to go in the back of the campervan with the dog though! :lol:

Aww, cheers Rennie!!! Shall I get you a Maccy D's while I'm there?! :lol:

Dont forget to take your gear so you can go pillion Moo

Don't worry, I wouldn't forget! :mrgreen:

Really hope I find £600 soon, really wanted to go :'(

I hate my hour and a half bus journey each morning so the trains are a no go :(

Buses are waaaay more demoralising than trains! Trains you're actually getting somewhere fast and are comfortable and around generally a nicer-caliber of people. Buses are generally full of stinking, horrible people, tw@ttish teens and young kids being larey and talking/playing loudly on their phones, drunks, chavs, old people bitching & moaning, homeless people or generally stinking horrible people in dirty clothes etc etc. And there's obv something about me that says "Oh, hi weirdo - please come sit next to me and tell me about your immense life story that is blatently 90% lies that I don't care about!". Tho tbf I've had the occasional nice chat with some people on the bus - my favourite convo was when I was on crutches carrying my new motorbike helmet with a nice old man who told me all about his biking days.

Used to haaaaaaate getting buses, did so for many years and had to get a good few while I was off my bike...which annoyed me even more cos I was having to sit with people as described for about £6.50 for a return journey when I only wanted to go 10 miles into Cambridge...and 140/150 miles costs me a tenner on my 125! Oh, and to get to the hospital that is less than 10 mins away by motorbike took me 2.5 HOURS to get to EACH WAY! (bus times didn't coencide with eah other so had to wait in a cafe inbetween)! So I ended up paying £40 for hospital trips by taxi on many occasions (they charged me loads more cos they were coming out of Cambridge to our random village).

Anyway, rant over; what are ya hoping to get? It's amazing how quick you can pull some dosh together when desperate and try reeeeeally hard. When Ollie & I got engaged I was still almost £2k into my student overdraft & managed to put aside £3-400 a month despite earning much less than I do now (not that I earn a lot, but you get what I mean). I was always bad at managing money before getting married tho. Selling stuff on fleabay and Gumtree was a big help too :mrgreen: . Good luck with the scrimping & saving - you'll get there :D

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

:lol: They're not chips! they're nasty "fries" :puke:

Seriously though if you want a lift let me know.

will be cheaper for you to get there from the station

than all the way to the rally venue!

It's a good few miles from Derby!

OOH OOH! LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND!:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/20130620_225738-001_zps75acf114.jpg

This has been floating around for the past year - I haven't got rid of it and it keeps turning up in parts of the house randomly! It's a receipt I kept when my dad's sat nav ran out and I needed a wee and some grub on my way to the rally last year, before I got horribly lost and horribly wet!

Good memooories, even if I didn't make it :)

Apparently I had a veggie burger, a 'lol' (?!) with ice & was served by Mandy on table 2. 13th July 2012 @ 8:44pm :D

I remember texts and calls from Cat and Matty lots checking I was ok, and Cat reminding me to do lifesavers etc. I had only been on the forum a week I think, and was so surprised by how genuiely lovely you both were :love: . I still genuinely don't know how I made it to my mum's house, I must've had immense skills! Still by far the worst downpour I ever biked in and could barely see with the dim headlight and being blinded by cars in the opposite direction!

I'm waaaay too sentimental...!!

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

:lol: They're not chips! they're nasty "fries" :puke:

Seriously though if you want a lift let me know.

will be cheaper for you to get there from the station

than all the way to the rally venue!

It's a good few miles from Derby!

Yeah, Google Maps says it's 20mins away which won't be cheap. I'll buy you some bevvies or give ya some dosh toward petrol.

Thanks muchly :mrgreen:

Aww, cheers Rennie!!! Shall I get you a Maccy D's while I'm there?! :lol:

Dont forget to take your gear so you can go pillion Moo

Don't worry, I wouldn't forget! :mrgreen:

Did you get my email Moo ?

:cheers:

Really hope I find £600 soon, really wanted to go :'(

I hate my hour and a half bus journey each morning so the trains are a no go :(

Buses are waaaay more demoralising than trains! Trains you're actually getting somewhere fast and are comfortable and around generally a nicer-caliber of people. Buses are generally full of stinking, horrible people, tw@ttish teens and young kids being larey and talking/playing loudly on their phones, drunks, chavs, old people bitching & moaning, homeless people or generally stinking horrible people in dirty clothes etc etc. And there's obv something about me that says "Oh, hi weirdo - please come sit next to me and tell me about your immense life story that is blatently 90% lies that I don't care about!". Tho tbf I've had the occasional nice chat with some people on the bus - my favourite convo was when I was on crutches carrying my new motorbike helmet with a nice old man who told me all about his biking days.

Used to haaaaaaate getting buses, did so for many years and had to get a good few while I was off my bike...which annoyed me even more cos I was having to sit with people as described for about £6.50 for a return journey when I only wanted to go 10 miles into Cambridge...and 140/150 miles costs me a tenner on my 125! Oh, and to get to the hospital that is less than 10 mins away by motorbike took me 2.5 HOURS to get to EACH WAY! (bus times didn't coencide with eah other so had to wait in a cafe inbetween)! So I ended up paying £40 for hospital trips by taxi on many occasions (they charged me loads more cos they were coming out of Cambridge to our random village).

Anyway, rant over; what are ya hoping to get? It's amazing how quick you can pull some dosh together when desperate and try reeeeeally hard. When Ollie & I got engaged I was still almost £2k into my student overdraft & managed to put aside £3-400 a month despite earning much less than I do now (not that I earn a lot, but you get what I mean). I was always bad at managing money before getting married tho. Selling stuff on fleabay and Gumtree was a big help too :mrgreen: . Good luck with the scrimping & saving - you'll get there :D

I'm hoping to save money for a new engine in my bike because I was idiotic and didn't check oil levels :P

I have nothing I want to sell, it all has its use so I can't/won't sell it :P

And the money I spend on trains I could put towards my bike :P

I need 600 in a week well less to give then time to fit it, then money for the rally haha, may have to go next year :P

"my dad's sat nav ran out and I needed a wee and some grub on my way to the rally last year, before I got horribly lost and horribly wet!"

I hope the 'wee' and getting horribly wet wern't connected???? :wave:

So, after sucking up to my mother she has decided to give an interest free loan and the bike has got the go ahead to get fixed...

Yayyyyyyyy :D

Hopefully getting done as soon as possible :D