Is that it for Top Gear?

Throttled

The fight was over food right?

Maybe, the other guy said "Pass the salt" but clarkson heard "Pass the small under aged girl" so not being a pedo himself, he punched the guy??

The fight was over food right?

Maybe, the other guy said "Pass the salt" but clarkson heard "Pass the small under aged girl" so not being a pedo himself, he punched the guy??

burst out laughing at this.

the bbc have now pulled the plug on all the remaining episodes of this series but are still selling tickets to 4 live top gear events over the summer in europe so the news report said earlier,i tend to agree if the bbc get rid of clarkson any of the other channels could snap him up and start a new series with identical format just different name and top gear as we know it would die very quickly

I think Top Gear is brilliant. It would drop out of the ratings if Clarkson wasn't there. He does insult people and act stupid but it is just for the ratings and he gets a bit carried away. :lol: I can't see the BBC getting rid of him as it is such a good money earner for them. Without Top Gear what else have they got?.......reality shows or Dead enders! :roll: It shows how good the show is when other countries around the world emulate it! As for Fifth Gear it is just boring. There are too many motoring programmes that are for the Green party, Top Gear is for petrol heads, just a pity they don't do bikes too. :D On the reporting on Clarkson on the news it keeps showing the Porsche with the Falklands reg which I am sure he didn't pick and besides the link with the Falklands was a bit slim anyway! Long live Top Gear with Clarkson I say. :cheers:

Just a thought; if he knew he was on "probation" and he wanted to exit "heroically", that would be a great way to do so (just saying)...

and then start his own new show...(I don't believe he would ever do anything without knowing the concequenses- just saying)

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaaand... He's outta here...

Be interesting to see if Hamster and Slow try and peddle on with it but I doubt I'll tune in again. Infact, I might as well not bother with my TV license and watch the very few reasonable programmes on-line.

Someone challenged me over this saying "so do you think it's acceptable to punch someone in the office".

Couldn't help but say...

When you have a culture that pays to watch fighting on TV, and then has football players and rugby players that often have fights on the pitch over a sodding ball, and motorsport personalities who beat each other senseless when they crash and blame each other, on top of a society that often cheers when a mate or celebrity beats up someone they don't like I really don't think anyone can challenge me over my view when everyone else seems to turn a blind eye to most of it.

Clarkson will go to Sky, Hammond and May will follow as the pay will be better. All will be right eventually.

I imagine they will be offered a contract by another TV company. It's a massive opportunity and it'd be foolish to not grab it while they've got the chance.

BBC - Hiring violent people and Pedophiles..... whatever next.

But yeah I'm pretty sure it'll be picked up somewhere else and if I recall correctly, May and the Hamster said they won't do the show without Clarkson. I'm sure wherever he goes they won't be far behind.

With top gear dead, the BBC will be losing £50million per year, so we can all expect a rise in licence fees next year..

Why bother when you can see pretty much everything on catch-up or subscribe to a better value package with another supplier?

You do not need a TV licence if you only watch content after it's been shown on television. This includes TV programmes downloaded or streamed after broadcast using a catch-up service.

So, if you have a TV but only use it to watch DVDs, for gaming or for watching catch-up TV (eg, BBC iPlayer, 4oD), you don't need a licence.

That's why I don't waste 147 quid on a licence :D

We had the Licence People round to check our connection and I simply refused access. Couple of snotty court letters later and I haven't heard anything for 4 years.

IM

Well I barely watch the bbc as it is. This could well be the end of it for me unless they figure out how to make a decent program and not put it on repeat every week for the next 5 years

Yep, think that's the end of Top Gear then and another nail in the BBC coffin. I have to agree with you about the quality of the programmes on the BBC now, they are just following all the other channels making cheap trash or repeats. and to think they used to make some of the best quality programmes in the world. :roll: maybe they will have to abandon the licence fee and turn to pay per view instead, (fingers crossed) then we can choose not to watch it. :D

^^^ I think if the BBC was pay per view, they'd probably get off their PC high horse and actually start making things that the public wants to watch and not what they think we should be watching!

Edited by Edd

You do not need a TV licence if you only watch content after it's been shown on television. This includes TV programmes downloaded or streamed after broadcast using a catch-up service.

So, if you have a TV but only use it to watch DVDs, for gaming or for watching catch-up TV (eg, BBC iPlayer, 4oD), you don't need a licence.

That's why I don't waste 147 quid on a licence :D

We had the Licence People round to check our connection and I simply refused access. Couple of snotty court letters later and I haven't heard anything for 4 years.

IM

You will need a licence how ever you watch TV in the future, including catch up and on demand, they are going to change it so every household pays no matter how you watch TV

Edited by Six30

I would like to see Clarkson head over to the /DRIVE series on Youtube. The car features on there are far better than Top Gear and Clarkson would add some much needed humor.

Opening more people up to the free content online would be a good kick in the teeth for the BBC who are demanding licence fees.

Top Gear was the only show I even bothered to watch via the IPlayer. Literally not a single other show the BBC makes that is worth watching, in my opinion. Haven't had a TV license four about 6 years now. Youtube, Live Streaming and a certain site involving people who really like Rum have me covered. Even downloading, I don't bother with UK shows, Midwives, Posh Knobs and Reality Shows is all the UK knows how to make these days.

Guy Martin on Top Gear.. Who ever said that should be shot.

Exactly.

What makes top gear interesting is that Jeremy is a nob (as stared by James may) who keeps messing stuff up.

Guy Martin knows nothing about cars, but seems to be good at everything he tries.

Also is it just me who thinks guy's voice gets really annoying after a while??