How to keep visor clear when raining

Guest mg20

Pin lock for the fogging up insides.

Wipe it with your hand for the outside! :D

I have something called a "vee wipe" http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/bob_heath_vee_wipe_hand_2.jpg

Yet to try it out properly though

Thanks for the advice. Is pinlock and vee wipe the only products around? Im doing 3rd year product design and looking for somehting to design for my major project that involves motorbikes in some way

Did you see that thing on Dragon's Den a few years back? It was a monstrosity that slowly eeked a wiperblade up and down the visor. Can't remember if he got investment of not but it looked shit anyway.

You and 50,000,000 product design students before you :lol:

If you can design a visor that somehow sheds water and doesn't mist up, you'll be a millionaire.

Loads of nanotechnology coatings that could be applied to make the visor repel water. Someone must be marketing it already??

Did you see that thing on Dragon's Den a few years back? It was a monstrosity that slowly eeked a wiperblade up and down the visor. Can't remember if he got investment of not but it looked shit anyway.

Sauce? I would love to see this :D

I've heard these products similar to rain x marketed for bike visors rain repellent use can damage your visor too. I'm surprised no one has invented a full proof visor anti rain system, like someone said above the market for it is astronomical!

Either you'd need something that wipes the rain off like on a car, which would likely be bulky and require power from bike or battery either way not many bikes would like this (excluding polite jacket wearing bmw riders, sorry.) or it would have to be a chemical spray that caused rain the fall straight off like a film on the visor but this could either damage the visor or cost astronomical amounts and require replacing several times.

my diagnosis.

Use your hand. :thumb:

Nickwax visor is effective and lasts longer than anything else I have tried; Rainex, furniture polish, washing up liquid.

Cannot comment re other brands but I can I have used mine more in the summer, its very good at dissolving bugs of your visor.

I've used Rain X for a few years and it has never damaged the visor but does need redoing every few weeks to keep it up.

Cheapest option is furniture polish even the cheapest stuff will work well. Only downside is you will need to re apply it each time you have been out but not too much of a problem if you do it after cleaning your visor when you get home :)

Either you'd need something that wipes the rain off like on a car, which would likely be bulky and require power from bike or battery either way not many bikes would like this (excluding polite jacket wearing bmw riders, sorry.) or it would have to be a chemical spray that caused rain the fall straight off like a film on the visor but this could either damage the visor or cost astronomical amounts and require replacing several times.

my diagnosis.

Use your hand. :thumb:

I believe powered wipers for bike helmets were considered many years ago but disregarded on safety grounds, due to the risk of injury to the bikers head/face in an accident, either by the mechanism puncturing the helmet, or the wiper arm being pushed into the bikers face.

• 2 weeks later...