Arming all Police?

MrBrightside

:stupid:

Bingo.

I'm also dubious of anyone who would wants to keep a gun other than a toy.

Did you know on black Friday 2 guns were sold every second based on the number of back ground checks?

Apparently thanks giving is a time to thank the lord, eat turkey, and lock n load. :shock:

I saw the news about the shooting. Terrible that this just keeps on happening over and over and over

Did anyone see Russell Howard a while back where he showed the video of a gun shop opening in New York? It was targeting people who wanted to buy their first gun, but every gun in the shop had a small tag on it saying how many people it had killed and it what circumstances. There were small handguns that children had got hold of in the house and shot a sibling right up to the semi automatics used for a school shooting.

It was pretty chilling and (whilst I am aware these things aren't always 100% real) it did seem to deter people.

It's on youtube if anyone wants to watch

">

Damn it, my Thanksgiving must have been broken! We ate the turkey but didn't get the free gun! I shall complain to the other half when I get home :lol:

I went to ask the necessity of a gun in Cambridge, then remembered there's a cat flinging, gun toting, delusional maniac in your area.

Next time you visit, get something with range, with any luck you can pick him off when he stops to break down or crash.

I'm against arming all Police!

We do need a credible, workable deterrent to terrorism though!

Unfortunately these animals will do what they're going to do,

our task, over simplified, is to make it harder for them to do it here

so that they are likely to go and do it somewhere else.

It's a strange, horrible world we live in nowadays!

I saw the news about the shooting. Terrible that this just keeps on happening over and over and over

Did anyone see Russell Howard a while back where he showed the video of a gun shop opening in New York? It was targeting people who wanted to buy their first gun, but every gun in the shop had a small tag on it saying how many people it had killed and it what circumstances. There were small handguns that children had got hold of in the house and shot a sibling right up to the semi automatics used for a school shooting.

It was pretty chilling and (whilst I am aware these things aren't always 100% real) it did seem to deter people.

">

Jesus that's a powerful video...

even more terrible that there were actually two mass shootings yesterday. and the other one wasnt very news worthy.. only 1 killed and 3 injured.

the americans define a mass shooting as 4 or more shot. by that metric there have already been more mass shootings in america than days passed in 2015 to this point.

">

I saw that..... they probably went up the road an hour later to a different shop .

I went to ask the necessity of a gun in Cambridge, then remembered there's a cat flinging, gun toting, delusional maniac in your area.

Hold on a sec dear fellow, no need to tar us all with the same brush! :-)

I have the answer to arming the police, courtesy of my 7 year old. I went to the chippy with him yesterday evening, and he struck up a conversation with a couple of armed policemen who came in for their tea:

Is that a real gun?

- Yes young man, it is.

Have you ever shot anyone?

- Only naughty boys who don't share their chips with their daddy.

What's that yellow thing?

- It's a Taser. It's a kind of stun gun. It shoots out electrodes and gives people an electric shock.

Like Lucy's lipstick?

- Err...

In Despicable Me, Lucy has a special lipstick that stuns baddies.

- That sounds neat!

Well actually it's in Despicable Me 2, because Lucy isn't in Despicable Me 1, only Gru and Dr Nefario, and Vector is the bad guy who tries to steal the moon...

- I see...

But in the second film Lucy has her special lipstick, and she uses it to stun people.

- A lipstick would be smaller to carry around than all this stuff, wouldn't it?

Yes, but Lucy is a girl, and you are boys. Boys don't carry lipsticks, only girls, so if you pulled out a lipstick the baddies would know you were going to zap them.

- True...

But if you put it in a shaver...

I have the answer to arming the police, courtesy of my 7 year old. I went to the chippy with him yesterday evening, and he struck up a conversation with a couple of armed policemen who came in for their tea:

Is that a real gun?

- Yes young man, it is.

Have you ever shot anyone?

- Only naughty boys who don't share their chips with their daddy.

What's that yellow thing?

- It's a Taser. It's a kind of stun gun. It shoots out electrodes and gives people an electric shock.

Like Lucy's lipstick?

- Err...

In Despicable Me, Lucy has a special lipstick that stuns baddies.

- That sounds neat!

Well actually it's in Despicable Me 2, because Lucy isn't in Despicable Me 1, only Gru and Dr Nefario, and Vector is the bad guy who tries to steal the moon...

- I see...

But in the second film Lucy has her special lipstick, and she uses it to stun people.

- A lipstick would be smaller to carry around than all this stuff, wouldn't it?

Yes, but Lucy is a girl, and you are boys. Boys don't carry lipsticks, only girls, so if you pulled out a lipstick the baddies would know you were going to zap them.

- True...

But if you put it in a shaver...

Brilliant :thumb: :cheers: :cheers:

the americans define a mass shooting as 4 or more shot. by that metric there have already been more mass shootings in america than days passed in 2015 to this point.

When people complain "too soon!" for jokes about a mass shooting, are they referring to the one that, statistically, will occur later today, or the one that happened this morning?

how long before the public start arming them selves....

Or I might learn some wrestling moves, how good would that look throwing the retard around a tube station dressed as Giant Haystacks.

Do it anywhere near the city at a time that prevents the traders getting to thier desks and earning money, and the traders will tear the knifeman to bits! They are typically young hot headed males from the east end of London, with testosterone flowing, a hangover from the night before and they don't take too kindly to people stopping them earning their bonuses.

I've heard stories about protestors trying to blockage office building being beaten to a pulp by city traders (many of them white collar boxers) before continuing to thier desk for market open. A lone knifeman wouldn't stand a chance.

Or I might learn some wrestling moves, how good would that look throwing the retard around a tube station dressed as Giant Haystacks.

The problem then will be that normal law abiding citizens will end up being arrested for carrying an offensive weapon resulting in a conviction and criminal record that goes with it, even though they may carry the weapon with the best of intentions and with arguably good reason.

The problem then will be that normal law abiding citizens will end up being arrested for carrying an offensive weapon resulting in a conviction and criminal record that goes with it, even though they may carry the weapon with the best of intentions and with arguably good reason.

Your right I know... Some might argue it's worth the risk .

Stuff carrying and getting caught, by time you got your knife/screwdriver/pointy stick out your pocket your in a bloody heap on the floor.

A punch to the windpipe/good swing to the jaw, you wouldnt have time to do anything else.

Tasers and batons!

I know tasers are close combat relativly speaking but they work and the officer that deploys a taser wont be suspended pending a full investigation and have to live with himself that he killed someone (unless the person has a heart condition and a taser finished them off)

Armed units are readily available and get where they are needed blooming quick.

Last week at the Trafford centre there was a moment of panic. A balloon popped and what must have been 300 people jumped out of their skin and looked sharply back. Of all the people it could have been, it was a muslim family and the kid had popped the balloon.

It's a sign of the times, people are on edge even if they don't think they are.

Keep in mind arming yourself or training doesn't protect you if you're the first victim. So it's not an absolute solution. The method relies on you determining someone is a terrorist, and to determine that they have to be attacking.

Better to learn how to run and help others to safety, and call the people who are trained to handle it.