Rear entry helmet ... thoughts?

Nice idea.... until you're laid on the road and the ambulance crew can't get your helmet off because theyve never seen one before.

But there is a 2D barcode on the helmet for the paramedics to scan and get removal instructions. But youve come off in an area with no mobile coverage!

I'm with Joeman, not sure about this.

Nice idea.... until you're laid on the road and the ambulance crew can't get your helmet off because theyve never seen one before.

But there is a 2D barcode on the helmet for the paramedics to scan and get removal instructions. But youve come off in an area with no mobile coverage!

I'm with Joeman, not sure about this.

That's for removal without moving the rider. Like a conventional helmet, you can just release the clips to get it off as you would with a strap.

Personally think it's a brilliant idea. Looks a bit ugly, though.

I appreciate that they say it's aerodynamically sound and all that, but I just can't get past this mental image of it going the way of suicide doors...

Just think, one catch not done up properly and BAM, whole rear half of the helmet rips away when you hit the motorway and the front half lands in your lap soon after :lol:

Like the idea and think it looks pretty cool but I don't even trust flip face helmets, never mind variant of it..

I will probably always wear my full face / one shell helmets until I see solid evidence that say's something easier to wear has the same / better safety.

Just my two pence.. ! :)

I've never thought "I wish I could take my helmet off in 2 seconds rather than the 10 it currently takes" .

Agree with Gin, stick with the full face :thumb:

It is that 2 seconds which puts me off. I would want something else to keep it in place, like a chin strap. If my chin strap was to come undone, the helmet would not fly off as it is a neat fit. With that thing, if it fails off it goes in a second.

I am truly surprised that we've made it to page two without any crude "rear entry" jokes.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

Now there's rear entry AND 2 second jokes.

I am also truly shocked and fell I may have to be the one to bring the tone down to the correct level for tmbf :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like the lid. My "every day" concern is the chin cup - wouldn't it prevent you from opening your mouth while you've got it on?

probably a good thing for some bikers you see on YOUTUBE