EU... in or out

Six30

<t>In or Out</t>  

79 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out

• In
    • Out
    • Haven't got the foggiest!

Scrapping the rule on claiming asylum in the first country an asylum seeker arrives in is not a major issue for the UK. Asylum seekers can still live anywhere in the EU once they have started the process in the country they first claimed in, which were primarily Germany, Sweden, Bulgaria and Italy. It was easy for them to sneak across Europe before than it is now as border controls have gone back up between the EU countries. So the almost the entire burden has shifted onto Greece and Italy.

Asylum seekers are people whose lives are in danger, often through no fault of their own as regimes change and countries descend into violence which in recent years has become more common and often happens after we got involved, when we should have.

For better information than the Express;

http://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/policy-primers/uk-common-european-asylum-system-and-eu-immigration-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

another problem to come.this why we need out.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/661387/Migrant-crisis-Nigel-Farage-Turkey-EU-visa-free-travel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is one of the most stupid headlines ever;

"EU loophole could see 77 MILLION Turks head to Britain, warn Farage and Johnson"

That anyone thinks Turkey would empty and its population would head here is just nonsense.

The government wants IN so I naturally want OUT I tend to go opposite of what ever the self Serving politicians want as a matter of course and it works for me.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/661387/Migrant-crisis-Nigel-Farage-Turkey-EU-visa-free-travel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"EU loophole could see 77 MILLION Turks head to Britain, warn Farage and Johnson"

That anyone thinks Turkey would empty and its population would head here is just nonsense.

It's already started mate......I went into our local kebab shop and the guys working in there tell me that they're Turkish! Not even in the EU yet and they're coming over here and setting up kebab shops. Maybe they're the advance guard......softening us up with tasty doner and kofte. .....then....BAM.....there's a kebab shop on every high street!! Still, once all 77 million of them come over here Turkey will be a great place to go on holiday, as it'll be nice and quiet there.....you'd obviously have to go self catering because there'll be no kebabs over there, they'll all be here......but at least there won't be any Johnny Foreigners there.......might be tricky getting a beer though!

The government wants IN so I naturally want OUT I tend to go opposite of what ever the self Serving politicians want as a matter of course and it works for me.

Some of the government want in, some want out. It is the opposition who are pretty much united that they want to stay in, Labour, Lib Dems and the SNP. This is one where self serving is not really applicable.

It's already started mate......I went into our local kebab shop and the guys working in there tell me that they're Turkish! Not even in the EU yet and they're coming over here and setting up kebab shops. Maybe they're the advance guard......softening us up with tasty doner and kofte........

It is Germany where most Turks go in the EU. The kebabs in Germany are much nicer than the ones here, decent pitta, decent salad and identifiable cuts of meat.

If immigration had been controlled more , then it wouldn't be the main reason why people want out, it's not rocket science why we have a housing crisis and the NHS is struggling...

Immigration is why the NHS is surviving! Take away the overseas nurses, doctors etc and see what you have left. f**k all.

If immigration had been controlled more , then it wouldn't be the main reason why people want out, it's not rocket science why we have a housing crisis and the NHS is struggling...

Immigration is why the NHS is surviving! Take away the overseas nurses, doctors etc and see what you have left. f**k all.

who cares about the NHS (aside from the sick, bewikldered and pre/post natal)

whats important is who the hell is going to pick the Asparagus and pre-wash my potatoes and other sundry root vegetables. eh?

The millions of Turks coming wont do it.. they'll be too busy cooking kebabs!!

it'll all end in pain and strawberries £5 a punnet.

lets get our priorities straight!!

Edited by Anonymous

who cares about the NHS (aside from the sick)

whats important is who the hell is going to pick the Asparagus and pre-wash my potatoes and other sundry root vegetables. eh?

lets get our priorities straight!!

As you know I work for the NHS and there's no way I'm preparing veg. Get thee to private healthcare young man.

In all fairness to the NHS, I've been in a few times this past week with the wife and have been whizzed straight through to see an appropriate bod double quick. The problems comes when trying to get things to happen between departments - they all seem to use different systems and there's an almighty delay to get things done.

The problem isn't immigration, it's bloody paperwork!

:offtopic: but I do seem to recall the nhs got someone (bt???) To try intergrate their systems. Paid a ton of cash and got sod all so far and there's a clause to say if the nhs terminate the contract they have to pay another f***ton of cash.

I still remember the very amused lone Bulgarian who came over and was outnumbered by journalists at the airport asking where the rest of them were "......er.... Bulgaria?"

Think London bus found on the moon beats that .

Amen to that. My GP is actually English but just about everyone else I've seen/been seen by in the NHS most certainly wasn't and thank f**k

they're there to work in the NHS! We'd be royally screwed without "them".

UK.gov saying if we leave the EU, income tax will increase 8%.

That's terrible scaremongering IMO.

What I don't get is what do the politicians stand to gain from staying in the EU and why an exit would be so bad for them.

UK.gov saying if we leave the EU, income tax will increase 8%.

That's terrible scaremongering IMO.

What I don't get is what do the politicians stand to gain from staying in the EU and why an exit would be so bad for them.

How many ex MPS end up on the EU Gravy train (eg Neil Kinnock and others)

Is EU legislation the only thing that stops us lynching politicians? That might be it. I'm pretty sure there are some other laws that get in the way, but I could be wrong.

In all likelihood it probably comes back to selfishness, seeing as that governs every other decision the blue bast*rds make :lol:

I'm gonna guess that Cameron and Osborne (or one of their major financial backers) have a rather large personal financial interest that is linked to the EU somehow.

I know I posted that link,just that I'll throw the cat amongst the pigeons and it got everyone talking.

for a start I know that the turks aren't gonna come over in droves and why should they turkey is a beautiful country been there twice.

the only b*ggers that want come here is the so called asylum seekers and whole bunch of misfits.

what I dont like is the unelected making laws for my country and decision making as if we can't ourselves,immigrations .

65% of our laws comes from the Eu.

chrome as we know it will no longer be available by the end of next year.

already very few companies do triple chroming now due to high cost of disposal of chemicals(thanks to EU)

theres a new type of chrome coming in just as hard wearing but not as bright and the only supplier comes from Germany.

how do I know you may ask. this in line with my business,I get my rails/racked chromed that how I know.

other stupid laws like you can't call it jam unless it contain 60% sugar,traditional country fairs are affected to you cannot re-use jam jars .

its f**king unbelievable what they come up with.

we can't give subsidies/reduce fuel cost to help boost our steel works ..the list goes on.

I'm just about retired now so a lot of this wont affect me personally but I do care for my young ones ,grand childrens future.

yes I'm voting out. either way according to the in or out we're gonna be in the shit anyway so we might as well vote out.

traditional country fairs are affected to you cannot re-use jam jars .

its f**king unbelievable what they come up with.

Taken at face value it does seem daft... but just a little digging and it turns out that this is all about protecting the buyer from rogue businesses with dodgy hygiene practices.. rather than your little old lady whose selling off her excess stawberry jam she made earlier in the summer.

this from the FOOD STANDARDS AGENCY.

source: http://www.food.gov.uk/business-industry/caterers/food-hygiene/charity-community-groups" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can I sell home-made jam in re-used jam jars?

It is safe to re-use glass jam jars occasionally to supply food as long as they are properly washed. This means it is safe to sell home-made jam or chutney in re-used jam jars at village fetes and other occasional events. If jam jars are re-used they should be free from chips and cracks, and should be sterilised prior to each use. Well-fitting lids will also minimise any hygiene risks to the food in the jars.

The regulations on food contact materials apply to businesses and these regulations are highly unlikely to apply to the use of jam jars for occasional community and charity food provision.

If you have any concerns about the re-use of jam jars you should contact your local authority environmental health department.

fella.. if you're going to offer facts when making a case, then please at least take some time to check them, otherwise it brings your entire argument into question.

seems to me there is far too much of this kind of total nonsense being thrown around.. scare stories based on absolutely nothing at all.

Although this is correct there has been cases in the past of local authorities, schools churches etc banning home made food for fear of contravening the above regulations. This is could be the full regulations are not easy to read as they are written in legalese and the fall back is to ban everything. It is only when the food agency etc are asked that the explanations are given in easy to understand wording.

Can't reuse a jam jar for hygiene reasons, buy if you pop over to France and buy bread from a bakery, they will often handle the bread with the same hands they handle the money with...

Although this is correct there has been cases in the past of local authorities, schools churches etc banning home made food for fear of contravening the above regulations. This is could be the full regulations are not easy to read as they are written in legalese and the fall back is to ban everything. It is only when the food agency etc are asked that the explanations are given in easy to understand wording.

its not exactly hard to find an answer. http://bfy.tw/5LhS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; assuning of course you can resist reading the Daily Mail story first.

Can't reuse a jam jar for hygiene reasons.

maybe you should email the Food Standards Agency and tell them their website is wrong.

or perhaps you were just careless.. and your first sentence should have read.

If you're a business then you can't reuse a jam jar for legal reasons to do with hygiene.

Question

have any of you actually registered to vote for the referendum?

You must register otherwise you can't vote

Dont think you are already registered

In a speech today Michael Gove said that the stay side have been scaremongering that leaving the EU would somehow turn the UK into a hermit kingdom like North Korea, but with even less international support. In fact no person from the stay campaign has said anything like that and it is Michael Gove who is scaremongering in the same breath as he criticises scaremongering!!

The debate from the politicians and media is generally very poor, plays on ignorance and is relying on scaremongering.

Question

have any of you actually registered to vote for the referendum?

You must register otherwise you can't vote

Dont think you are already registered

If you've voted before ,your on the electoral roll and your registered .