DS3 or Juke?

MrBrightside

So I'm getting the gf a 'new car', well a few years old. List has now dropped down to 2 cars, a Citroen DS3 dsport 110 diesel or a Juke Tekna Deisel.

Anyone owned or driven either of the above? Experiences of either welcomed thanks...

Now off to look at getting rid of my Insignia and never touching Vauxhall EVER again!!

I hate Nissan Jukes. It may be an irrational hatred, I'm sure they are great as they are bloody everywhere. But my opinion of you will go down if you get one :lol:

I loved the look of the Juke when it first came out, but they feel rather cramped inside (and I am not tall) and hear the mpg/size of tank is rather pitiful. I also think they look a bit alien with all their lights on at night. Bit of a strange set up.

The DS3 is a lovely car, so long as you don't mind 3 doors and possibly a mad coloured/patterned roof. Never driven one though.

I did come close to buying a DS4... it was stunning with it's red and black leather interior. Didn't buy as I could not find a petrol version in the spec I wanted :-)

Conversely, I hate insignias. They always seem to try and hit me of run me off the road! Well done for getting rid of it! :thumb:

I hate Nissan Jukes. It may be an irrational hatred, I'm sure they are great as they are bloody everywhere. But my opinion of you will go down if you get one :lol:

Lol it's deffo not for me ;)

Saying that though, up until recently I thought they were the fugliest car on the road. Now I think they are kinda funky. And they dont even come in Ninja green H! (I'm sure you'd have one if they did lol)

ugh they could spray it to exactly match my bike and I wouldn't go near it!!! .... well except to spray it black :twisted:

I quite like the DS3 though. They're supposed to be quite fun to drive

I wanted a Juke..Then I drove a Hyundai Veloster.

For a nation that eats dogs... They know how to put a good car together :)

I looked at the Velsoter before i go the Civic, nice car. The doors are the best bit!

with regards to the DS3 and Juke, the Juke is alright but I think I would prefer the DS3 if I could get an acceptable colour combination!

Get her a little Peugeot 107 thingy.

We have 1. Which appears to have become mine :)

Anyway zero tax and you can rev the arse off them and pretend you're in a dodgem :thumb:

In all honesty.

Round town they are superb

Liam I've already had a nicely mapped 330, she wouldn't drive the thing ;)

Six, we looked at one of those in Braintree last weekend. Pretty nice for a Kia, and 7 year warranty :)

But fookin expensive for what it is, better cars for the cash. And she wants space/economy with funky my looks. The Kia hasn't got the economy :(

I really like the Juke.. :oops:

I've had two Micras and a Nissan note and really liked them all :D My current Micra is looking a little long in the tooth and was considering a Juke for the next car, they seem a nice balance of every-day and practical for when it's needed..

Just my 2 pence.. :mrgreen:

I agree

we love ours

although I do wish I had got the 2 litre tdi

the economy is slighly better and you have more power

the only downside is the road tax I think its about £120 rather than £0 for ours

I wanted a Juke..Then I drove a Hyundai Veloster.

For a nation that eats dogs... They know how to put a good car together :)

velostar is a great car, but decided to be an old person and get a honda civic and that goes well.

only juke i would get is the NISMO one.

If she is still open to trying other cars I'm really enjoying my ford focus. The Ecoboost petrol engines feel fantastic to drive, and get decent mpg. the 1.6 one I have is averaging around 44mpg, which I think is fine for a 150hp family sized car. The 1l 125hp version also gets great reviews, and are more numerous than the 1.6's. Gets slightly better mpg as well. The whine from the turbo is rather addictive... ;-)

I'm not sure about the diesel versions however, didn't test drive any of them.

The Leon is another car I was looking at, very nice to sit in and drive. But for the money the focus I found has more toys and less miles on it.

Stu I had the SuperCopa 2.0 derv, on a '61. Great car until VW finance started all sorts of weird shit with the pcp, so I gave it back. One of the best cars I've had. Economical and quick. Was fully loaded too as it was their 'end of line special' so they threw everything into it.

I tend to get through cars way too quickly (I get bored). I've got to stick with the Siggy for a while though, it's depreciated far too much/quickly to justify an escape plan.

Edited by MrBrightside

The ST's are mental cars! I'm possibly going to get mine resprayed that lovely yellow orange colour if I am still happy with it after a few years :-) Really love the colour, but not the ride of the ST ;-) I like my comfort!

How about a Mitsubishi Lancer? Another car I liked, and has that sporty edge to it. The Lexus CT is another I tried. Boot is a little small, but it's something a little different and very plush inside. Of course, might be higher servicing costs as it is a lexus. I also looked at the Fabia VRS (newer ones only come in petrol DGS = Boo!) and the Skoda Rapid Spaceback. If you are not badge proud you can get an awful lot for your money with them.