Alternatives to Rukka pro shell

Hi, I've been looking at buying some Rukka gear because of the Gortex pro shell laminated bit i.e. unlike the membrane jackets this ones layers are if you like lamented together. Makes it lighter and it doesn't suck up water like my current Wolf Titanium stuff.

Grateful for any info.

Thanks

Shirl

Hi, I've been looking at buying some Rukka gear because of the Gortex pro shell laminated bit i.e. unlike the membrane jackets this ones layers are if you like lamented together. Makes it lighter and it doesn't suck up water like my current Wolf Titanium stuff.

Grateful for any info.

Thanks

Shirl

No need to pay silly money for good Gore-Tex previously called Pro-Shell laminated gear.

Dainese Stradon jacket and Lontan pants for example. I've managed to get on sale Lontan pants for £200.

Dainese Atlantik D1 jacket: https://www.dainesemanchester.co.uk/motorcycle-clothing/mens/dainese-jackets/dainese-atlantik-d1-gore-tex-jacket-black.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Held Cadora jacket uses it too.

Also Scott Distinct 1 Pro jackets.

Bering Roy jacket.

Look for a sales discounts. Pretty sure you can have good laminated Gore-tex jacket around £200.

Also there are leather Gore-tex laminate gear as well. Like Alpinestars 365 Gore-Tex Leather Suit.

I've got the Pro Shell Rukka stuff. It's absurdly expensive, but it really works.

As an example, I rode down to Devon through Storm Katie back in March. At one point, crossing the Vale of Marshwood, the rain was so thick all the hills had disappeared and I could only just see the road, yet I arrived bone dry. Also the kit dries off and is ready to wear again in no time at all.

I'm a Rukka fan but managed to shred my decent suit in a low speed off. My Old "Rukka Steel " suit is still going strong 10 years down the line and still fits, just about.

I now use a Dainese Teren for day to day use. Shower proof outer, zip in and out Thermal and waterproof layers.

Changing or even carrying layers is a faff but I find the outer is genuinely shower proof and puts up with sustained exposure to all but the heaviest rain. In that event I pop a 2 piece oversuit on which I used to use over my Rukka in bad weather anyway to keep it clean. The Teren has good ventilation that can be opened in the even it gets hot and while not a substitute for a T-Bag Jacket, it does a good job of keeping me cool.

Although my RST trousers keep me dry, they take ages for the textile to dry. Think i should wear an over suit for the rally bad rain.

Grateful for any info.

Thanks

Shirl

Im not entirely sure that there is an alternative that equals the goretex laminates. you can be confident to a point on any manufacturer that uses goretex. because goretex offers a lifetime guarantee for all its entire product line they are very fussy about who gets to use it. quality control has to be first rate.. as do the other materials used in the garments.

I dont think you need be too concerned about the brand.. though any brand that uses goretex will be premium. I think your bigger problem which seems to have been ignored thus far is finding gear for your body shape. Bike gear makers are very much male oriented and gear for women seems to be almost an afterthought.. most putting great emphasis on looks over utility. Which has always seemed an odd view to take.

If you can justify the price of Rukka then go for it, the 5 or more often than not 6 year guarantee on workmanship (with loan outfits) as well as the lifetime guarantee from goretex should be weighed against the price.. also that Rukka actually cater for women and dont make any sacrifices for the sake of 'fashion'.

might be worth keeping an eye on eBay... second hand is always worth looking at and there are occasional discounters, you wont get the full guarantee from these unofficial sellers.. but the savings can be considerable.

Dare i mention BMW clothing? because a lot of owners tour.. the gear needs to be top notch and might be worth looking at. Obviously they do cater for their female customer base as well as their male. Germans take equality very seriously.

Bike gear makers are very much male oriented and gear for women seems to be almost an afterthought.. most putting great emphasis on looks over utility. Which has always seemed an odd view to take.

Sadly that's true. Make it shorter with less pockets and pink stuff on! It's definitely getting better but the one lone rail of women's jackets Vs the 8 of men's at shows generally means it's more luck than anything if you find one you like :lol:

Defo go try stuff on, if you think "normal" clothes vary a lot between brands they haven't got anything on bike gear!

Bike gear makers are very much male oriented and gear for women seems to be almost an afterthought.. most putting great emphasis on looks over utility. Which has always seemed an odd view to take.

Sadly that's true. Make it shorter with less pockets and pink stuff on! It's definitely getting better but the one lone rail of women's jackets Vs the 8 of men's at shows generally means it's more luck than anything if you find one you like :lol:

Defo go try stuff on, if you think "normal" clothes vary a lot between brands they haven't got anything on bike gear!

I am surprised that there are no complaints about going up to sizes as well my misses is right miffed about that.

BIker gear sizes for females are all over the show, think 2 sizes bigger seems to be the start point.