Cutting tachometer cable

Guest classifiedmoto

It's a bit of a shame in a way that the OP has seen fit to leave the site but if you ask for and repeatedly receive good quality advice in response to some fairly lame questions then turn on someone with " the f**k you know " etc. then perhaps its for the best. Whenever I'm in nearby Nuneaton I'll keep an eye out for this wonderful cafe racer.

• 5 months later...

Shame he has departed this place - I could have given him perfect advice (having repaired a broken wheelbarrow recently). All he needed to do was to strip the engine and gearbox out of the frame, open up the gearbox (using a decent angle-grinder), remove the gearing (including cable drive), weld over the hole and rebuild (glue together) the gearbox and fit to the bike. Finally advertise for sale as a 'Barn Find'. 8-)

Shame he has departed this place - I could have given him perfect advice (having repaired a broken wheelbarrow recently). All he needed to do was to strip the engine and gearbox out of the frame, open up the gearbox (using a decent angle-grinder), remove the gearing (including cable drive), weld over the hole and rebuild (glue together) the gearbox and fit to the bike. Finally advertise for sale as a 'Barn Find'. 8-)

The f**k do you know about it ? All you have to say is negative shit etc.etc. Waa Waa .

The f**k do you know about it ? All you have to say is negative shit etc.etc. Waa Waa .

If you are not careful, I'll set Hoggs onto you (or perhaps give Mawsley your address :shock: ) :twisted:

I had to re read the thread to see what the hell was going on :lol:

I had to read read the thread to see what the hell was going on :lol:

Sorry Stu, I was quoting the rather thin skinned original poster . :oops:

I had to read read the thread to see what the hell was going on :lol:

Sorry Stu, I was quoting the rather thin skinned original poster . :oops:

No worries

It made me chuckle :lol:

Thanks @RantMachine for liking my post Friday, I'm crying after reading all this again.

:lol:

It's one hell of a gem of a thread :lol:

Anyone remember Painkiller ? Now that guy really did take talking bollocks to a new level. I wonder which forum he's gibbering on now . My favorite was his claim not to wear gloves in cold weather.

Thanks @RantMachine for liking my post Friday, I'm crying after reading all this again.

:lol:

It's one hell of a gem of a thread :lol:

Anyone remember Painkiller ? Now that guy really did take talking bollocks to a new level. I wonder which forum he's gibbering on now . My favorite was his claim not to wear gloves in cold weather.

Yes. I think he may have had an issue or two.

This is a wonderful thread. The opening question was questionable, at best.

Followed by an aggressive response to a logical statement... He was definitely going to butcher that poor bike.

Reminds me of the guy who stabbed his oil filter to bits with a screwdriver because it wouldn't come loose.

Followed by an aggressive response to a logical statement... He was definitely going to butcher that poor bike.

Reminds me of the guy who stabbed his oil filter to bits with a screwdriver because it wouldn't come loose.

I always stab mine to bits - and then with my bare hands peel the razor sharp carcass off the housing - so long as you do it on a freezing cold day you don't feel the pain. Then you cut the housing off with an angle grinder, weld a nut onto the stump and back it out with your teeth. Much better than faffing round with one of those needless expensive oil filter wrenches.

Back to tacho drives, I once saw a colourful rat bike where the owner had installed a small ,crude model of a fairground carousel 🎠 directly onto the taco drive on the engine. This was in Cleckheaton.

I don't know if you got to see much of the guys other posts, but he had quite a few on the go in a similar vein :lol:.

Made out he was some big time bike customiser but then did stuff like this.

I don't know if you got to see much of the guys other posts, but he had quite a few on the go in a similar vein :lol:.

There was another guy on another forum (several years ago) who acted exactly the same, and incidentally "customised" bikes. As in, totally ruining them, in the most bodgeristic way possible. People were trying to help him, and most gave constructive criticism.

The whole forum ripped him to bits, after he started giving attitude. Then, he made a big song and dance about leaving the forum. I think it was a Kwak forum and possibly the same guy.

There was another guy on another forum (several years ago) who acted exactly the same, and incidentally "customised" bikes. As in, totally ruining them, in the most bodgeristic way possible.

Bodgeristic , love it ! These half arsed "Customizers " are getting on my nerves now . Why would anyone take an object of beauty like this ( one of mine by the way ) http://i.imgur.com/bfG4sU6.png and do this to it ? http://i.imgur.com/DfQXNuV.png There are dozens of these nasty messes all over the net. The rule seems to be to spend no money, chuck all the bits away BUT as long as you stick a brown seat on it it will look ace. To be fair though, there are some amazingly brilliant custom bikes out there too. Here's another beauty http://i.imgur.com/4MyYW17.png